motor trade jobs, jobs in dealerships, jobs in car sales...
The Motor Trade is exciting, innovative and diverse. It is one of the most important economic pillars of the UK economy, reportedly contributing £202 billion in 2017 alone and provides more than 800,000 jobs across the whole of the UK.
Having been established as specialist recruiters for the Motor Trade for more than 16 years we have seen the market change first hand over the years. While UK Automotive, like many other sectors, has been impacted by the uncertainty around Brexit there is still plenty of optimism across the industry particularly with technological advances and a dramatic change towards ultra-low emission vehicles.
With this in mind we want to share our thoughts on why now is a great time to take up a career in the Motor Trade!
- Variety – No matter your skills, qualifications or passions the automotive industry has a role to suit you. With a diverse range of exciting roles across the sales, servicing, and aftersales aspects of the operation as well as opportunities to work with the biggest names and brands on the global stage of the automotive industry, this sector truly is a dynamic and rewarding career choice. There is also a large amount of variety in terms of the size of business you work for; if you prefer to work somewhere with a smaller, family feel there are thousands of independent garages throughout the UK but if you are more excited by working for a large, national company there are plenty of options here too!
- Progression – The Motor Trade doesn’t discriminate based on lack of experience, in fact many automotive businesses have learning academies or apprenticeships designed to train those without experience to work in specific roles whether you want to be Car Sales Executive or a Tyre Technician. If you are workshop based it is likely that you will be exposed to different challenges that will develop your skills and put you in the ideal position to grow and progress. Automotive employers are known for recognising their hardworking and dedicated employees by supporting them in climbing the career ladder in their chosen field.
- Competitive Salaries – Your pay will typically depend on your position, experience and location but the industry generally pays a competitive salary and rewards high performers generously. Many sales roles including Car Sales Executive roles, come with the opportunity to earn uncapped bonuses plus many other perks and incentives to drive performance. With focus, dedication and the ability to deliver customer satisfaction you can be rewarded with a very generous salary at the end of the month.
- Technology – the technology involved in the automotive industry is cutting edge and yet continuously innovating! With car safety, high tech conveniences plus hybrid and electric vehicles all at the forefront of automotive landscape there is always something new and exciting coming from the engineering and technology side of the industry. If you are passionate about technology, engineering and vehicles and you have the skills required for these types of jobs you could find your dream career in the Motor Industry.
- You can change the world! As mentioned, the technology used in the Motor Trade is constantly evolving not only to meet changes in consumer demands but to have less environmental impact on a global scale. The future of Automotive is changing at a rapid rate and whether you are part of the design, manufacturing, sales or servicing of these vehicles you are part of the evolution to improve the industry and its effect on the environment for the better.
If you are looking for a long term, rewarding career where no two days are the same the Motor Trade is the ideal option for you.
We work tirelessly with our clients and candidates to find their perfect match so whether you are just starting out in your automotive career or are looking for a new challenge we are here to help!
Contact our team of professional Recruitment Executives today and lets begin the search to find your dream Automotive job.