Did you know that a staggering 53% of Brits stay in jobs that make them unhappy!? There are many reasons for this including fear of change, they could be earning a great salary, worry about starting in a lower position or prioritise providing for their families and don’t want to risk any disruption.
Whilst all of these factors are valid and changing job isn’t something that should be taken without consideration, you deserve to be in a role that you enjoy, that challenges you and that makes you want to get out of bed in the morning!
Perfect Placement are the leading automotive recruitment specialists and our accomplished team have a wealth of experience in recruiting for roles across the Motor Trade. With our help and expertise, finding your dream automotive job isn’t just possible, it’s a stress free process!
If you can relate to the points that follow then it may be a sign that you’ve outgrown your current job and you owe it to yourself to begin the search for a new one.
- Your job no longer challenges you – If you genuinely feel like you could do your job with your eyes closed and you lack any sort of challenge then there is something wrong. We grow as individuals and employees by being pushed outside out comfort zones and challenged on a regular basis. If you feel you have more to give your employer it is worth having a conversation with your manager to determine whether you can be assigned any additional responsibilities but if this request lands on deaf ears then it may be time to move on.
- You’re clock watching – Counting the minutes until you can leave means you’re either not focussed on the job at hand or you’ve completed all your daily tasks and are bored because the job is too easy. This is not good for your motivation or your personal development progress and suggests you need to be in a role that engages you more.
- Tasks that used to excite you don’t anymore - If you regularly feel apathetic about your tasks and the outcome of them it’s a sign that you’ve totally lost interest! There is a risk at this point that you’ll start making silly errors which could have a more serious impact on your position and the service you’re delivering. If you’re Vehicle Parts Driver delivering parts to the wrong place because you’re not checking details properly you’ll end up damaging relationships with your customers and these mistakes will negatively affect your reputation.
- There’s little or no scope for progression – Lack of progression can be one of the most frustrating things faced by an employee especially if you’re ambitious and keen to climb the career ladder. Instead of waiting for opportunities to come to you which can be a drawn out process if you’re waiting for the person above you to leave or retire, you will need to be proactive and seek out bigger and better opportunities elsewhere.
- You get the Sunday night dread - Most of us will have times when we don’t really want to go into work but if you are continuously dreading the thought of it then you need to do something about it. We spend such a large proportion of our adult lives at work that you owe it to yourself to be in a role that makes you happy and an employer who not only sees your potential but supports you in your career growth. Don’t suffer the dread in silence, reach out to Perfect Placement and let us help find you your next role!
You deserve a job that you love and if you find yourself relating to the warning signs just mentioned it is time to seek out something new.
Contact us today for a confidential discussion.