- Basic Salary up to £31,096
- OTE – Competitive depending on experience.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Our large dealership client based in Ayrshire is looking for an HGV Technician to join their experienced busy team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HGV Technician to join our large client where there are real opportunities for career progression.
Duties of the HGV Technician will include:
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle or component defects or symptoms of impending failure.
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- To carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law. Fully comply with Manufacturers protocol and policies and safe working at roadside.
- To protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- To draw the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers attention to any faults notice in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To always seek permission before fitting parts to customers’ vehicles that have not been previously authorised and to return parts for warranty and customer inspection at all times.
- To ensure all service and maintenance sheets, customer defect reports, manufacturer paperwork and electronic documentation.
- To attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with our Group Health & Safety Policy.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and a presentable personal appearance whilst observing the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times.
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data, and to indent such information for replacement.
- A relevant formal qualification (City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Vehicle Repair) with a proven track record in vehicle repair and servicing with up to date valid irtec licence (Minimum 1 year post Apprentice experience).
- A full valid UK driving license, including HGV Licence.
- The ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Whilst shortlisting we will be looking for you to be able to demonstrate the ability to confidently perform the following:
- Routine Maintenance
- Safety Inspections
- Fleet Maintenance experience
- General mechanical ability
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.