£38000 per annum
2 months ago
- Basic Salary Circa £34,000 Depending on Experience
- Monday to Friday 8am till 5pm
- ATA Qualified Preferred but Not Essential
Our Client, an Accident Repair Centre in the Romford Area are currently looking for an experienced Vehicle Damage Assessor / Estimator to join their team.
ATA / NVQ qualified is preferred but not essential for this Vehicle Damage Assessor / Estimator Job.
The VDA will be responsible for assisting with assessing the level and extent of damage to vehicles following accidents. Determine if the vehicle can be repaired and the work that needs to be carried out in order to repair it.
Duties for this Vehicle Damage Assessor / Estimator will commonly include:
- Negotiating contracts with material suppliers.
- Monitoring efficiency of work and processes to ensure quality repairs.
- Supporting team members when required.
- Maintaining equipment used in the bodyshop and ensuring regular services and maintenance checks are monitored.
- Recruiting personnel to ensure the bodyshop is adequately staffed.
- Directing team members in handling day to day problems.
- Assessing the extent of damage to the structural, body, mechanical, electrical and interior components of the vehicle.
- Estimating parts and labour costs to repair damage.
- Preparing insurance forms to indicate repair costs and recommendations.
The Vehicle Damage Assessor / Estimator will need to be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to keep up to date with developments in engine and electrical technologies.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- The ability to work on your own.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Problem solving skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
Working hours for this Vehicle Damage Assessor role are Monday to Friday.
If you are interested in this Vehicle Damage Assessor / Estimator Job or any other Bodyshop Jobs in East London, please contact James Trudgill at Perfect Placement Today!
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 1,400 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK!!