£28000 per annum
about 1 month ago
- £28,000 Salary
- North Yorkshire
Our Client are proud to be one of the UK's oldest and most experienced providers of hydrodipping and custom paintwork services from our workshop in North Yorkshire.
With Over 30 Years experience in custom painting, hydrodipping and custom finishes - we guarantee a perfect finish with every project. Our experienced team are always on-hand to discuss customer requirements, providing an expert service from concept to completion. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction.
Along with our own paintworks unit, who undertake all paintworks for 2 large exclusive contracts, we are looking to amalgamate the two businesses into a specialist paintworks centre which will include spraybooths, hydro-dipping and custom paint works under one roof in Thirsk.
Have plenty of experience in the paintworks industry? With support with accounts, HR and marketing departments we'd like you to run our paintworks, find new customers, grow the business to its full potential. You will be involved in the move of Hydrographics from York to Thirsk, managing a small team, production scheduling and day to day customer enquiries, quotes etc.
Outline of dutiesas a Paint Shop Manager:
- Business development- finding new avenues for our highly specialised services
- Production Management
- Ensuring maintenance of the site
- Managing site staff
- Liaising with Finance, HR, Health & Safety and Marketing departments at Twisted
- Dealing with enquiries from customers, quotes etc
- Sales and purchase administration
- Quality Control of all goods leaving site
- Taking full control of the workshop scheduling, organization, improvements.
- Some painting may be required or helpful if workloads are high/schedules are tight
- Driving when required
- Answering the phone and dealing with incoming calls
- Administrative tasks
- Manage the customer/enquiry database
- Taking card payments on site
- Packing and shipping
- Other General duties as requested
- Painting experience essential, hydro-dipping experience highly recommended
- Production or manufacturing experience is important.
- You will be required to demonstrate experience in paintworks that is supported by both qualifications and expertise in relevant areas paintworks, customer care and team supervision
- Safety conscious
- 2-3 years of experience in a manager or supervisor role
- Excellent track record of managing and developing people
- Well-organised, prepared and able to look ahead with an eye on the bigger picture
- Flexible and able to work additional hours during busy times
- Commercially astute
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and possibly Xero
- Full UK driving licence.
If this Paint Shop Manager Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in North Yorkshire please contact Jamie at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.