£33000 per annum
15 days ago
- CIRCA £26k salary + Bonus and Overtime
We are recruiting for an experienced Panel Beater in York.
- Making assessments of damaged vehicles, deciding how best to repair it and estimating the time and cost for the repair.
- Mending rusted parts of a vehicle’s bodywork.
- Removing any dents in panels.
- Repairing minor scratches, or making replacement panels.
- Welding new or repaired panels into place.
- Finishing the repair in a way that matches the rest of the bodywork or preparing the surface for a paint sprayer.
- Keeping records of all work carried out.
Skills for this Panel Beater role:
Communication skills: You will need to be able to communicate with customers, explaining the work to be done and the cost.
Dexterity: You will need good hand-to-eye coordination for most of your tasks and the ability to use a range of tools.
Organisational skills: You will likely be juggling different tasks each day, so learning to prioritise your work will be essential.
Eye for detail: You will need to have good attention to detail, especially when finishing the repair to match the rest of the bodywork.
Practical mindset: You will need a logical way of thinking to work out the best way to make a repair.
Adaptability/flexibility: You could end up working later if you have a deadline to meet or an increased workload some day, so being adaptable to the situation is essential. You may also need to adapt to different makes of cars, while maintaining the quality of your work
If this Panel Beater Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in York please contact Jamie at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.