£27681 per annum
about 1 month ago
- Up to £27,500 basic plus bonus & overtime
- 43 Hour Week
Our client is a franchised main dealer operating in the outer Belfast area, selling and servicing both new and used, cars and light commercial vehicles.
Owing to recent growth within the business, our client is looking to add to their LCV service team by creating an opportunity for a highly skilled and qualified Light Commercial Vehicle Technician.
As a light commercial vehicle technician you will perform routine light commercial vehicle service, maintenance and repair from the whole manufacturer’s range, as well as on occasions those from outside the brand range.
The successful Light Commercial Vehicle Technician will:
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Conduct routine service & maintenance of all vehicle types
- Conduct extensive diagnostic procedures to determine the sources of customer problems and provide accurate repair recommendations
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, including oil changes, tyre rotations, transmission flushes, air conditioner re-charges, battery installations and headlight/taillight installations etc
- Inspect vehicles according to regulatory requirements for emissions and safety
- Conduct necessary repairs and take vehicles for test drives to verify soundness
- Maintain legible and accurate paperwork for both the customer and for our records
- Clean and maintain the work environment to ensure equipment longevity and workplace safety
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the wearing of PPE and Health and Safety Policy.
- Confirm vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives
- Maintain a working knowledge of current industry best practices in automotive repair
Our clients require the successful LCV Technician to have the following:
- An NVQ 3, City & Guilds or equivalent
- Commercial Vehicle Service Technician experience and ideally within a main dealership
- If you have an MOT testing qualification is would be desirable but this isn’t essential.
What is vital, though, is that you have the attention to detail to keep standards sky high, and the team spirit.
The successful LCV Technician can expect:
- A competitive salary
- An industry leading package bonus scheme with uncapped earnings
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) in addition to an annual leave purchase & sale scheme.
- As well as Pension Scheme & Life Assurance, vehicle purchase scheme, discount on Service, Bodyshop and Parts, Discounted Gym membership and Access to Work discount website.
If this Light Commercial Vehicle Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Belfast please contact Jimi Matthews at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Jobs within the Automotive Field, we can help you with your Career search for Motor Trade Jobs as we have over 1,400 live Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK ranging from Vehicle Technician Jobs to Service Manager Jobs.