£28080 per annum
3 months ago
- Starting salary up to £12.50 per hour pending experience.
- 8:00am-5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Our client, a large Independent Accident Repair Centre based in the Swansea region, are currently looking to recruit a Vehicle MET/Strip Fit Technician to join their business.
Reporting to the Bodyshop Manager and working as part of a large team, your responsibilities will include:
- Accurately and skilfully undertake the removal and replacement of mechanical, electrical and trim items on our client's vehicles .
- To be able to identify hidden damage after strip and assist with compiling parts and labour lists in conjunction with work colleagues.
- Ensure all work is completed safely, maintaining the highest standard of repair in an efficient manner.
In order to be eligible you will ideally have a recognised qualification in automotive MET/vehicle body repair or be working towards an IMI qualification. Our client, however, is willing to consider candidates with no formal qualifications that have a prior track record in vehicle body repair/strip and fit. Overall you will be able to work under pressure and to strict deadline, carry out duties as detailed on job cards to manufacturer and company standards, use initiative and have the ability to prioritise workload to meet delivery times and customers’ expectations, be able to work independently but liaise effectively with colleagues and support others by multi-tasking during busy periods. A UK driving licence with minimal points is essential at this stage.
For your hard work as a Vehicle MET/Strip Fit Technician our client is offering:
- Starting basic salary up to £12.50 per hour pending experience and current earnings.
- Overtime subject to availability paid at time and a half rate.
- 20 days annual leave plus the 8 bank holidays.
- Full in-house training provided.
- Fantastic long-term career development prospects with a long-established accident repair group based in the South Wales region.
- Working hours from 8:00am-5:30pm Monday to Friday.
If this MET / Strip Fit Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Swansea please contact Josh at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.