£42000 per annum
9 months ago
- Basic salary of £42,000.
- Exciting and rare opportunity to join a Law Enforcement organisation based in Worcester.
The main purpose of this position is to work within the IT Technical support team contributing to the smooth running of a busy ICT department - both to internal and external customers. You will consistently strive for improvements on efficiency and effectiveness to ensure the best level of service is offered. You will be required to work on the network, hardware and software to provide full support.
Key Activities include:
- To provide a Level 4 technical support capability, to carry out appropriate customer problem solving activities, including invoking external support as necessary.
- To work, as directed by the Team Leader, to deliver an effective, high quality service to the organisation and all its customers. Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly on recommendations and action plans.
- To help to create new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the team and customer base (where necessary).
- To diagnose faults within technical systems and take appropriate action, escalate (as per appropriate level) ensuring proper recording, investigation and identification.
- To technically support the operation and control of the ICT infrastructure required to deliver and support IT services and products to meet the needs of the force (as per skill level requires).
- To co-ordinate the work of the team, directing activities, monitoring progress and managing competing demands and priorities to ensure the best use of available resources.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of existing processes and practices within own area of work in order to identify and implement opportunities for change and innovation and enable continuous improvement.
To be suitable for this position, you will need to hold the following qualifications and/or experience:
- ICT (Level 5) professional qualification or equivalent ICT qualification.
- ITIL certification in IT Service Management, or similar.
- Vast knowledge of relevant IT technologies and applications their use and application.
- Significant knowledge, acquired through hands-on experience, in a specialist technical support environment for both hardware and software.
- Experience of Microsoft Products, Network, VMware, Storage and Back-up, Storage and various OS environments.
Please note this is a FTC until March 2021.
If this opportunity interests you, please contact Ed McDonagh at Perfect Placement today!
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.