£31000 per annum
8 months ago
- £25,000 basic £31k OTE
As a Workshop Controller, you’ll work with the Aftersales Manager to deliver a high level of productivity and an excellent standard of first-time repair, while making sure you always maintain a clean, safe and professional workshop.
The role will be to oversee and manage daily workloads for the Technician team and support the front of house team to manage expectations to maximise the efficiency and performance of the workshop. You will be required to constantly review processes to ensure we achieve the highest levels of quality, housekeeping, health and safety and productivity.
Day to day you will allocate work to the team and monitor performance, you will assist and troubleshoot with complex jobs and motivate the team to achieve daily targets
What this Workshop Controller role includes:
- Managing and coaching a team of vehicle technicians and apprentices, making sure targets and business objectives are met
- Allocating working within the team
- Making sure all servicing work is carried out correctly, competently and on time, with customer satisfaction in mind
- Ensuring that all your working practices comply with company, DVSA, health and safety and manufacturer policy
- Working with colleagues and other departments to ensure a seamless service for customers
- Scheduling work to meet customer needs, taking into account workshop targets, the complexity of each job and the availability of parts
- Providing estimates for servicing and repairs and setting timescales
- Assisting technicians with technical challenges and finding the right outcome
- Accurately recording technician time and writing technical reports and recommendations
- Working with Service Advisors to ensure service standards with customers are met
More about you:
- 2 years experience in a Senior Technician role or currently a Workshop Controller in a franchised dealership?
- Team player and the ability to motivate a team
- Excellent communicator, ability to work with Service Advisors and Technicians
If this Workshop Controller Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in York please contact Jamie at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.