£28000 per annum
2 months ago
- 40 Hours a Week, Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:00, Saturdays available at OT.
- Busy Working Environment Servicing Key Worker Industries!
- Up to £26k Basic - £28k OTE – DOE
Our Client, a well-known Commercial Main Dealer is ideally looking for an HGV Trailer Technician to join their busy workshop. They have an extensive customer base in the truck and van marketplace along the South Coast. They are a large part of keeping Britain’s Key Workers Trucks and Vans on the road, with a business ethic that respects the customer’s needs and works with them to maintain an excellent trusted relationship based on the highest level of workmanship and customer service. Due to a recently obtained contract our Client is getting an increased demand work within this sector and are looking for highly skilled individuals ASAP!
You will be an experienced Trailer Technician with previous experience working on HGV Trailers or be qualified HGV Mechanic with similar experience, this experience is essential.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out repairs on Trailers according to procedures and in a timely safe manner
- Carrying out fault diagnosis
- Reporting any faults/defects in accordance with the processes
- Working together with the parts team to obtain the correct replacement parts and ensure they are fitted correctly
- Completing relevant documents on the work you have completed including internal documents, customer documents and department of transport documents
- Ensuring road tests are carried out in line with licence restrictions
- Complying with all procedures ensuring accuracy and quality on all jobs
- Keeping your workplace clean and returning equipment to designated areas
- Complying with all health and safety regulations ensuring your workplace is safe at all times
You will ideally be qualified to Level 3 NVQ or Equivalent, or Level 2 NVQ Equivalent with Time-Served experience in the Commercial Vehicle Network, or have previous experience within this job role.
You will have previous relevant technical experience and have a proven track record of quality & accuracy, whilst being punctual and having the ability to work within a Fast-pace business environment.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Automotive Careers, so if this Trailer Technician job has interested you or you want to know more about Commercial Vehicle Mechanic Jobs in Southampton, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Dorset, Wiltshire & Hampshire please get in touch today with Martin today.
If you are thinking about changing your Career in the Automotive Field, get in touch with one of our team today at Perfect Placement, we have over 1,400 live vacancies covering the whole of the UK.