£36000 per annum
about 2 months ago
- Up to £12.60 per hour with lucrative bonus scheme/overtime/roadside breakdown call out rota.
- 40-hour week Monday to Friday.
- Fantastic long-term career prospects with a local business approaching 100 years in the automotive industry.
A rare and not-to-miss opportunity for a fully qualified and experienced HGV Technician has become available at our client’s franchise approved commercial vehicle dealership based in the Swansea.
Reporting to the Aftersales Manager and working as part of a friendly team, your key objectives will include:
- Routine vehicle maintenance to VOSA standards.
- Preparation and presentation of vehicles and trailers for MOT inspection.
- Diagnosing of vehicles diagnostic equipment.
- Good housekeeping and H&S requirements.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed
- Attending 24 hour roadside breakdowns, mainly using a mobile workshop service van on call 1 week on and 1 week off.
- Carrying out diagnostics & repairs at the roadside.
- Assessing customer needs and requirements.
In order to be eligible you will ideally live in the Swansea region or within a reasonable commuting distance of Swansea. You will need to be a fully qualified HGV Technician to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum and ideally hold a HGV driving license with minimal points. Overall you will need to be a committed individual and a good team player who is able to produce a high quality of work in a busy Service Department and be motivated to work towards targets set for you and your team. For your hard work as a HGV Technician, our client is offering…
- Starting hourly rate up to £12.60 per hour over a 40 hour working week (£26,208 per annum).
- Access to generous performance related bonus scheme.
- Overtime subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
- Call out payment and standby payment when working the Roadside Assistance shift.
- 23 days annual leave plus the 8 bank holidays.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Various staff benefits.
- Full in-house and manufacturer-approved training provided.
- Fantastic long-term career prospects with a local business approaching 100 years in the automotive industry!
You are required to work a 40-hour week between the hours 7:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday with a half hour lunch. Saturdays are not mandatory however you will need to be flexible to work them during peak periods but this would be paid at the overtime rate mentioned above. You are also required to work a 24-hour roadside breakdown rota 1 in 2 weeks and this would come with lucrative financial benefits to be discussed upon application.
If this HGV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Swansea please contact Josh Buck at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.