£35000 per annum
about 2 months ago
We are seeking an experienced Development Engineer / Senior Setter to join our clients well established manufacturing business
The Development Engineer is responsible for ensuring all new projects and existing machines run efficiently and safely.
Our client is offering the successful Development Engineer / Senior Setter :
- A competitive salary
- 40 hours across different shifts
- Excellent company benefits
Duties as a Development Engineer / Senior Setter
- Tooling Activities - Assisting and guiding Setters to ensure that the tools are running efficiently and safely.
- Process Improvements/Technical Training - Mentoring and sharing knowledge and experience with other members of the team to guide them in all aspects of process improvement and ensuring technical skill development is enhanced amongst the Setters.
- Development Trials - Tooling, Materials and Product trials and working with production to obtain the best methods of improvement/introduction of new products to production.
- Technical Issue Recommendations - Providing recommendations across different departments on machine specifications and tooling design and modifications to existing tools.
- Product Technical activities - Reviewing and analysing customer complaints and making recommendations as to corrections, failures, modifications to improve Quality.
What our client expects:
- Qualified toolmaker (C & G mechanical engineering or equivalent)
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics certification
- Basic Electrical Course
- Problem Solving and Fault Finding on tooling and Machinery
- Analysis of Test Results in a practical and statistical manner
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to train others across all levels
- Analysing Tooling, Development and Process Data
- Measurement Data
- Interpretation of Tooling Drawings
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Development Engineer / Senior Setter to take their career to the next stage and enjoy working for a company that truly values their staff.
If you are interested in hearing more about this Development Engineer / Senior Setter opportunity, or others we have in your area, please do not hesitate to contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement today.
We are in the process of reviewing many applications for this position. If you do not hear back from us within 3 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.