£25000 per annum
about 2 months ago
- Accident Repair Group
- Mon – Fri 08:00 – 17:00
- Salary £23,000 – 25,000 DOE
- Fareham, Hampshire
- Training Provided!
Our Client, a large Car dealer group and leading accident repair centre is currently looking to hire an Accounts Assistant for their busy accounts department. Due to a recent employee relocation, our client a family run Main Dealer with a fantastic reputation and ever growing customer base requires a Sage experienced Assistant Accountant.
Our ideal candidate will be strong, analytical, logical, stay calm under pressure of deadlines and possess a high attention to detail! Being able to work independently, and also as part of the accounts team to achieve the deadlines is essential. IT literacy and attention to detail, and accuracy are key skills, as well as being a strong communicator.
As an experienced accounts assistant you will be based at their office in Fareham. Your role will comprise of:
- Processing sales invoices on a daily basis, submitting as and when required, using customer portals, management systems
- Assist with customer accounts reconciliation, month end and other deadlines
- Contacting individuals or business customers when payments overdue, asking them to settle their account explaining the terms of their credit, to ensure the payment of outstanding invoices. Re-negotiate repayment plans if customer is in financial difficulties. Keeping a record of all communication with the customer
- Reporting old outstanding debt to the line Manager and inform early of potential debtor’s problems. Liaise with Administration Managers where necessary and identify when legal action is required
- Handling customer queries, assisting with any discrepancies in timely manner, sending copy invoices, credit notes and other files, maintaining company confidentiality
- Processing and managing high volumes of data and using excel skills to gather data and information
- Keeping record of customer accounts listing for each account payment terms, contact details, invoicing instructions, and discounts if applicable. Maintain and keep a record of the debtors each account actual and expected income, print and create reports for the management
- Maintaining database of customer information on excel spreadsheet and Sage system, updating when required, setting up and maintaining customer files
- Covering staff when on annual leave, processing purchase invoices, reconciliation of supplier accounts, processing card payments and record keeping, dealing with other ad hoc duties when the business requires
- Reconciling customer accounts and sending statements out when required, maintain good customer relations whilst ensuring accounts are maintained within agreed terms and credit limits
- Good customer service, negotiation and communication skills
- Organised and methodical, able to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent telephone manner, able to explain financial matters and discuss issues
- Have good numerate and literate skills
- Works well on their own initiative or in a team, identifies areas for improvement and development
- Excellent computer skills, able to use Excel and Word, Microsoft Office, Sage Experience preferred.
Working Hours: 8am - 5pm Mon-Fri
Salary: Our Client is looking at Salary of between £23 - 25,000 for this position, however this may be negotiable dependent on experience.
If you would like to know more and attend an interview for this excellent opportunity, please get in touch TODAY!!
You will ideally live within the Fareham area or be able to travel to the Fareham area and have a working experience as an Accounts Assistant. Previous automotive experience and/or Level 3/4 Accounts qualifications is advantageous but not a necessity. A high level of organisational and IT Skills are required for this position.
This vacancy is based in Fareham and Our Client is ideally looking for experience in Accounts based positions with Sage Experience, but full product training is available.
We will not send your CV to a job until we have spoken to you so it is imperative that you provide a daytime contact number preferably your mobile number.
If this Accident Repair Accounts and Administration Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Dealership Jobs and Accident Repair in Southampton, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Eastleigh, Salisbury, Havant, Fareham, or Hampshire, Wiltshire, Sussex, Dorset & Surrey Area, please contact Martin from Perfect Placement.
We are the UK's leading Automotive Recruitment Consultancy, if you are looking to refresh your Automotive Career please get in touch with us, we have many Motor Trade Jobs available across the whole of the UK.