£38000 per annum
3 months ago
- HGV & Specialist Vehicles
- Basic £35,000
- OTE £40,000
This is an office/home-based position but may require occasional travel throughout the UK and Ireland, including overnight stays when required.
Hold primary operational relationships with key HGV customers and provide effective hands on proactive support
Ensuring vehicle and trailer fleets are maintained to the highest standards, observing DVSA requirements, honouring customer’s expectations and meeting contractual obligations. The role will interact primarily by phone, email and on-line with customers, as well with as a national network of suppliers and internal stakeholders.
This is a professional, challenging and exciting role working within a very busy fleet management environment.
The ideal candidate will be supported by the Management Team but must have the ability to self-manage and learn the role whilst also working under pressure. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with the wider team and departments to ensure that the highest standard of service is achieved.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, as well as attention to detail, good IT skills (including Excel and ideally Powerpoint) and being well organised are important to the success in this role.
Day to day duties as a Key Account Manager:
- The relationship contact for allocated customers, responding in a timely manner to their requests
- In partnership with the operational teams, ensure the customer’s fleet is being proactively managed to ensure VOR is minimised
- Liaise by phone with suppliers on complex maintenance issues, managing and scrutinising their diagnosis, repairs, repair time and costs.
- Where required pre-authorise work and complete final sign off on significant maintenance expenditures.
- Point of contact for operational escalation and support where vehicle, supplier or customer issues arise, ensuring excellent communication from outset to conclusions; advising customers, suppliers and operational teams involved as appropriate.
It is Essential you have:
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills at all levels
- Excellent Telephone based customer service skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Well-developed Microsoft Office skills
- Sound financial comprehension
- Knowledge /Qualifications
- City & Guilds Level 3 / equivalent or time served
- DVSA/FTA standards training
- Driving licence
- LCV and HGV operating/mechanical/industry experience
If this Key Account Manager Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Yorkshire please contact Finn Kelly at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 1,400 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK!!