£30712 per annum
3 months ago
- £13.50 per hour with an additional bonus scheme. Overtime at time and a half rate.
- Split shift of 6am-2pm week one and week two 2pm-10pm.
- Great career prospects with a leading dealer group and brand.
Our client, a large franchise approved commercial vehicle dealership in the Swansea region, is currently looking to hire a fully qualified and experienced Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Technician for their Service Department.
Reporting to the Workshop Controller and working as part of a team, your key objectives will include:
- To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules.
- Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
- Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
- Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
- Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
The HGV Technician will need to live in the Swansea region or be within a reasonable commuting distance of Swansea. You will need to be a fully qualified HGV Technician / Mechanic to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum and ideally hold some practical experience post qualification. You will need to be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy workshop environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team. Applicants with an active HGV driving license would be highly advantageous however this is non-essential.
For the HGV Technician's hard work, our client is offering…
- Starting hourly rate up to £13.50 per hour over an average 40 hour working week.
- Overtime subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
- 22 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme
- Full in-house and off-site manufacturer-approved training.
- Fantastic career prospects with an industry leading brand.
- Working hours from 6:00am-2:00pm and 2:00pm-10:00pm on a shift rota Monday to Friday. Also alternate Saturdays 8:00am-1:00pm paid as overtime.
If this HGV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Swansea please contact Josh Buck at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.