£20000 per annum
about 1 month ago
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Assembly Fitter to join our clients well established Precision Engineering business.
Our client’s focus is on their people, they know that to keep this level of success they need a strong team in place and they believe heavily in nurturing their staff and providing them with state-of-the-art facilities and a supportive management in place.
Our client is offering the successful Mechanical Assembly Fitter
- A competitive salary ranging from £9-11 per hour
- Regular overtime available
- Company pension & Life Assurance
- 37.5 hours per week
- Day shift working
The Mechanical Assembly Fitter Job will consist of:
- Working from Engineering drawings to BS / ISO standards, which candidates must prove that they can read and interpret.
- Assemble to drawings, adjust and/or modify components to ensure optimum fit for smoothness and efficiency of operation of gear driven Angle head, Speed Increaser and Multiread Tooling products and then test/inspect/certify the final assembly.
- Ability to use manual lathes and surface grinders for making any necessary final adjustments to components.
- The ideal candidate will have a Mechanical Engineering qualification or suitable apprenticeship, but a long proven track record could also suffice
- Ability to interpret and work to Engineering drawings.
- A good working knowledge of gears and bearing assemblies
- Ability to plan and work from own initiative, with minimum supervision.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate attention to detail and reliability.
- Full appreciation of the need to maintain the very highest standards of workmanship for products that perform critical functions.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to support customers on their own site with repairs.
- Some flexibility of working may be required to meet customer deadlines.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Mechanical Assembly Fitter to take their career to the next stage and enjoy working for a company that truly values their staff.
If you are interested in hearing more about this Mechanical Assembly Fitter, or others we have in your area, please do not hesitate to contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement today.
Our team of Engineering Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Engineering Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Engineering Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.