£34000 per annum
18 days ago
- £30,800 Basic + Bonus (OTE around £34,000) + Company Benefits
- Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm (NO WEEKENDS)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Vehicle Technician to join our client's team based at their Warrington Workshop on a full-time permanent basis.
You will be responsible for conducting motor vehicle repairs on a range of LCV's and cars for external customers, including inspection, maintenance, repair and service of all types of mechanical assets. Experience working on HGV's is desirable, however not essential to be considered for this role.
Role & Responsibilities as a LCV / Van Technician
- Electrical, electronic, mechanical and hydraulic fault diagnosis, repair and installation.
- Overhaul electrical equipment and components
- Welding and metal working (if authorised)
- Body repair, refinishing and painting
- Setting and operating of machine tools and equipment (if authorised.)
- Department of Transport (MOT) testing duties (when suitably qualified)
- Take charge for parts ordering and stores management
- Support workshops team members including Apprentice Technicians as required.
- Accurately record time to complete jobs and associated details
- Required to substitute Carry out inspection and repair of workshop equipment as directed
- Use of skills and performance of other work within normal grade/job skills as required by the Workshop Supervisor to maximise workshop efficiency
- May be the Technician in Charge or cover reception if required
- Ad-hoc duties as required
Skills & Experience Required
- Must be qualified to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Vehicle Maintenance Repair
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work within given timeframes
- Ability to tackle all aspects of vehicle repair and servicing.
- Diagnostics skills are desirable
If this Fleet Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Warrington, please contact Aaron Hunter at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Jobs within the Automotive Field, we can help you with your Career search for Motor Trade Jobs as we have over 1,400 live Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK ranging from Vehicle Technician Jobs to Service Manager Jobs.