Competitive Basic Salary
11 days ago
- Mon – Fri 09:00 – 17:30
- Competitive Basic Salary - Flexible on Individual Basis
- Unique Opportunity - Rapidly Growing Business
- Excellent Company Benefits
- Brighton & Hove, West Sussex
Our Client, a well-known Online Vehicle Comparison & Sales Businesses are seeking an experienced Transport & Logistics manager for their rapidly developing business.
Our Client is seeking a Vehicle Transport & Manager who will develop the logistics product, implement systems to enable scale, source and manage their logistics partners, and build the logistics team.
This role will involve:
- Up-scaling our Clients logistical systems operations - using technology solutions (either through third party services or built internally when necessary) to automate and improve the transport service for dealers and sellers Sourcing and selecting potential new transport partners, negotiating contracts, and ensuring successful integration and ongoing service levels.
- Ensuring their partners adhere to their exacting standards for both vehicle inspection and transport, and maintain quality throughout the experience.
- Updating and evaluating metrics and performance and implement enhancements.
- Communicating with stakeholders throughout the business (including Sales operations, customer service, finance, product and strategy to ensure the transport service scales in line with the wider business.
- Working closely with other managers across the business to make sure the customer experience is fluid throughout.
You will have:
- Extensive experience in car industry logistics, ideally including vehicle inspection and collection / delivery.
- Relevant education background.
- Excellent relationship building skills - you’ll be able to rapidly build rapport and trust with potential partners, and be able to negotiate the right deals.
- A strong understanding of the motor industry including independent and franchise dealer groups - how they operate, and their quality expectations.
- A data first approach, with the ability to manipulate technology tools like Excel, google sheets and other systems - you don’t need to be able to code, but you do need to be technically savvy.
- Good knowledge of existing logistic platforms and planning tools.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Good attention to detail and highly organisational skills.
- Proven team-building and management skills.
- The ability to use your own initiative and foresight to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- The ability to motivate a team, especially at times of high pressure and rapid systems evolution
What’s on Offer?
Our Client is looking to offer a highly competitive basic salary. However all salaries expectations will be discussed on an individual basis and our client is happy to accept suitable applicants seeking above this figure.
Company Pension scheme, employee well being membership, Work Place Learning and Development options, regular social events & a unique opportunity to work with a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its staff.
Working Hours are Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30.
You will be contacted by Perfect Placement to assess your initial suitability for the position, on successful completion you will then be ask to attend an interview, initially online, followed by a face-to-face interview within a Covid Secure environment.
If this Transport Manager & Logistic manager position interests you and you would like to know more about Operations Manager, Transport Manager, Logistics manager and other Automotive Vehicle Sales roles in Brighton, Gatwick, Horsham, Portsmouth, Chichester, Surrey & West Sussex please contact Martin at Perfect Placement UK Ltd
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.