£55000 per annum
about 1 month ago
- Basic Salary from £40,000 - £55,000 Depending on Experience.
A rare opportunity has become available for a Group Support Accountant to join our client’s operation which is based in Bradford.
Do you hold an ACCA or ACMA?
Are you an experienced finance manager with an impressive track record gained either in the motor industry or an alternative fast moving commercial environment?
In this Group Support Accountant role your key responsibilities will include:
- To provide monthly financial and management information (actual and forecasts) to support the decision-making process.
- To maintain and develop robust processes and procedures that ensure accurate and timely accounting records are maintained to enable this management information to be produced to a high quality, and to be accurate, relevant and timely.
- All prepayments and accruals.Creditor position is accurately maintained, and all suppliers are paid in accordance with agreed terms.
- All debtor and creditor control accounts.Fixed assets reconciliation.
- Inventory position is accurately maintained, and monthly stock takes are completed.
- Monitor and control of finance and operating leases.
- Through functional responsibility produce accurate and timely management information including Management Accounts, KPI reports and information for the financial report.
- Produce accurate short term profit and cash flow forecasts and support the Finance Controller in the production of annual budgets, and year-end returns.
- Ensure actual spend against budget is tracked and reported to the management team.
- Ensuring all purchase orders are raised in accordance with finance procedures.
- Ensure weekly validation and processing of agency timesheets.
Weekly validation of permanent overtime hours and miscellaneous hours booked.
- Ensuring the monthly payroll data is processed according to our client's policies and statutory requirements, and submitted as per agreed timetable.
In order to be eligible for the Group Support Accountant role the following experience is required:
- Previous management or senior accounts experience as well as experience in dealing with departmental managers and team management.
- Ability to develop a good rapport with all levels of staff and ability to communicate, with credibility both internally and externally.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with very strong interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of being able to use Microsoft Excel to manipulate large volumes of data.
- Methodical and diligent approach to working.
- Be organised to be able to cope with multiple tasks and priorities in a fast moving automotive-type environment and self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Accounting qualifications would be an advantage but is non-essential.
- Experience with CDK is advantageous but not essential
- Several years’ experience within a Dealership Accountant role is a must
If this Group Support Accountant Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Bradford please contact Sam Butcher at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.