£45000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Car Sourcing Specialist/ Car Buyer
- Based in Orpington, Kent
- £25k Basic Salary (£45k OTE)
- Monday to Friday 8.00am – 6pm, Saturdays on a Rota
Our Client, a Prestigious Independent Used Car Operation in the Orpington area is currently looking to hire an experienced Car Sourcing Specialist/ Car Buyer for their busy Automotive Garage. We are looking for experienced candidates who have proven experience in vehicles sales and purchasing to join our growing team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To successfully source and supply vehicles to customers with specific requirements, suiting their budget and essential criteria.
- Working closely with other Sourcing Specialists to ensure sales aren’t lost and to maximise customer retention when a certain stock vehicle doesn’t meet the customer’s needs; or is no longer available after their enquiry.
- Liaising with the customer throughout their buying journey.
- Maximising profit by selling Value Added Products and Finance
- To achieve agreed stock purchasing levels from designated sources (10 per month)
- To develop approved supply links to ensure supply chain meets site requirements in terms of both volume and product mix.
- Ensure that all financial controls in respect of the purchase of used vehicles are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure that all vehicles purchased meet the company stock profile requirements
- Process all relevant documentation in respect of vehicles purchased to ensure vehicles are prepared and placed into company stock with the minimum delay.
- To continually monitor used vehicle values and trends to ensure stock held and future purchases are purchased competitively.
- Provide advice and support to sales management in respect of used car values to assist the part exchange process to ensure that accurate valuations are placed on vehicles.
- Provide recommendations to management in respect of vehicle trends and stock mix based on trade and supplier contacts.
- Identifying good quality used vehicles that will sell and are profitable
- Negotiating prices with dealers for best deals and best margins
- Building up a network of trusted dealers to trade with
- Visiting dealer / seller showrooms to inspect cars prior to sale
- Experience of luxury cars. Experience of valuing/buying vehicles.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Automotive Careers, so if this Buyer Vacancy has interested you or you would like to know about other Dealership and Automotive Jobs in Kent, please get in touch with Beth Allen today!
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from HGV Technician Jobs through to Car Sales Executive Jobs.