£31091 per annum
about 1 month ago
- £15.53 per hour plus overtime at time and a half rate.
- 38.5 hour working week.
- Great career prospects with a leading dealer group and brand.
Our client, a large Franchise Approved Commercial Vehicle Dealership in the Cardiff region, is currently looking to hire a fully qualified and experienced Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Technician to work the night shift for their Service Department.
Reporting to the Night Shift Foreman and working as part of a team, your key objectives will include:
- To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules.
- Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
- Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
- Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
- Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
You will need to live in the Cardiff region or be within a reasonable commuting distance of Cardiff. You will need to be a fully qualified HGV Technician / Mechanic to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum and ideally hold some practical experience post qualification. You will need to be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy workshop environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team. Applicants with an active HGV driving license would be highly advantageous however this is non-essential.
For your hard work, our client is offering…
- Starting hourly rate up to £15.53 per hour over an average 38.5 hour working week (£31,091 per annum).
- Overtime subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
- 20 days annual leave plus the 8 bank holidays.
- Pension scheme
- Full in-house and off-site manufacturer-approved training.
- Fantastic career prospects with an industry leading brand.
- 38.5 hour week with two weekly rota. Week 1: Monday to Thursday and Week 2: Wednesday to Friday. The hours worked are 7:00pm-6:30am with a half hour unpaid break.
If this Night Shift HGV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Cardiff please contact Josh at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from HGV Technician Jobs through to Car Sales Executive Jobs.