£33000 per annum
about 1 month ago
- Hours: 37.5 per week / Monday to Friday 2 Shifts: 7.00am - 3.30am & 10.15am – 6.00pm.
- Salary: £30,802 basic p.a.
- Contract: Full Time, Permanent.
Our automotive client is an end-to-end commercial vehicle fleet management business managing and maintaining a large fleet of commercial vehicles, mainly HGV’s and some Vans.
They are looking to hire a professional and experienced commercial vehicle technician for their busy site in Chelmsford to mainly work on HGV’s but also happy to work on LCV’s/Vans.
Responsibilities for the HGV Technician will include:
- Inspections, MOT Preparations, diagnosis, service, maintenance and repair procedures on a range of HGV vehicle, light commercial vehicles, trailers and mechanical equipment.
- Electrical, mechanical and hydraulic fault diagnosis, repair and installation.
- Setting and operating of machine tools and equipment.
- Support workshops team members including Apprentice Technicians as required.
- Accurately record time to complete jobs and associated details.
- Department of Transport (MOT) testing duties (if approved tester).
- Occasionally deal directly with customers.
The HGV Technician Requirements will need to be:
- Professional track record working as an HGV Technician.
- IMI Level 3 in Light or Heavy vehicle maintenance & repair or an equivalent qualification.
- Strong customer service skills and good communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and within given timeframes.
- Ability to tackle all aspects of vehicle repairs, servicing and diagnostics.
- C1 or C2 licence preferable but not essential.
They also offer a bonus scheme, good company pension and on-site parking for all their employees.
If this HGv Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Chelmsford please contact Louisa Coggs at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today