£32396 per annum
about 2 months ago
- Up to £14 per hour plus overtime at time and a half rate.
- Split shift of 6:00am-2.00pm week one and 2:00pm-10.00pm week two Mon-Fri with 1 in 2 Sat mornings.
- Great career prospects with a leading dealer group and brand!
Our client, a franchise approved commercial vehicle dealership in the Newport region, is currently looking to hire a fully qualified and experienced Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Technician for their busy Service Department.
Reporting to the Service Manager, as a HGV Technician your key objectives will include:
- To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules.
- Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
- Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
- Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
- Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
In order to be eligible you will need to live within a reasonable commuting distance of Newport and be a fully qualified HGV Technician to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent. You will need to be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy workshop environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team. Applicants with an active HGV driving licence would be highly advantageous however this is non-essential.
For your hard work as a HGV Technician, our client is offering:
- Starting hourly rate up to £13.50-£14 per hour over an average 40 hour working week pending experience and current earnings.
- Overtime subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
- Open to putting candidates through and paying for HGV licence, tacho certifications and MOT licence.
- 22 days annual holiday allowance plus the 8 bank holidays.
- Workplace pension scheme
- Full in-house and off-site manufacturer-approved training provided.
- Fantastic career prospects with an industry leading brand.
- Split shift system where the hours worked are 6:00am-2:00pm in your first week and 2:00pm-10:00pm the second week Monday to Friday with one in two Saturday mornings for a couple of hours.
If this HGV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Newport please contact Josh at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from HGV Technician Jobs through to Car Sales Executive Jobs.