£21000 per annum
17 days ago
- Prestige Car Dealership
- Mon – Fri 08:00 – 17:00/ 08:30 – 17:30
- Salary £23,000 – 25,000 DOE
- Havant, Hampshire
- Opportunity to further Accounting Skills, sponsorship for AAT/ACCA 3 & 4
Our Client, a large Car dealer group is currently looking to hire an Accounts Administrator for their busy accounts department. Due to a recent employee relocation, our client a family run Main Dealer with a fantastic reputation and ever growing customer base requires an enthusiastic accounts administrator.
Our ideal candidate will be strong, analytical, logical, stay calm under pressure of deadlines and possess a high attention to detail! Being able to work independently, and also as part of the accounts team to achieve the deadlines is essential. IT literacy and attention to detail, and accuracy are key skills, as well as being a strong communicator.
As an accounts administrator you will be based at their office in Havant. Your role will comprise of:
- Reconcile individual department daybooks with credit card transaction reports & ensure all cash is collected from relevant departments.
- Reconciliation of bank statement
- Reconciliation and responsible for petty cash
- Key in high levels of purchase ledger & Manufacturer invoices
- Credit control
- Maintain and update staff Holidays on holiday spreadsheet
- Maintain and update spreadsheet for overdue insurance related invoices
- Ordering and maintaining stationary supplies
- Reconcile purchase ledger statements and request copies when needed
- Run monthly supplier cheque run
- Create sales ledger and purchase ledger accounts when needed
- General admin duties
- Reconcile sales/purchase ledger with nominal ledger at month end
- Take accounts related calls from customers/suppliers
- Use Experian to keep track of customer credit limit updates
- Keep records up to date re: customers/suppliers
- Maintain accurate a-z filing system for purchase ledger invoices etc
- Provide backup and holiday cover to the Vehicle Administrator
Key Skills as a Accounts Administrator:
- Good customer service, negotiation and communication skills
- Organised and methodical, able to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent telephone manner, able to explain financial matters and discuss issues
- Have good numerate and literate skills
- Works well on their own initiative or in a team, identifies areas for improvement and development
- Excellent computer skills, able to use Excel and Word, Microsoft Office.
08:00 - 17:00/08:30 - 17:30 Mon-Fri
Our Client is looking at Salary of between £18 - 21,000 for this position.
If you would like to know more and attend an interview for this excellent opportunity, please get in touch TODAY!!
You will ideally live within the Havant area or be able to travel to the Havant area and have a working experience as an Accounts Assistant. Previous automotive experience and/or Level 2 Accounts qualifications is advantageous for this position. A high level of organisational and IT Skills are required for this position.
This vacancy is based in Havant and Our Client is ideally looking for experience in Accounts based positions, full product training is available on the Pinnacle System.
We will not send your CV to a job until we have spoken to you so it is imperative that you provide a daytime contact number preferably your mobile number.
If this Accident Repair Accounts and Administration Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Dealership Jobs and Accident Repair in Southampton, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Eastleigh, Salisbury, Havant, Fareham, or Hampshire, Wiltshire, Sussex, Dorset & Surrey Area, please contact Martin from Perfect Placement.
We are the UK's leading Automotive Recruitment Consultancy, if you are looking to refresh your Automotive Career please get in touch with us, we have many Motor Trade Jobs available across the whole of the UK