£38000 per annum
15 days ago
- Up to £15.50 per hour plus shift allowance and overtime at time and a half rate.
- Split shift of 6:00am-2:30pm week one and 1:30pm-10:00pm week two Mon-Fri.
- Great career prospects with a growing dealer group.
Our client, an expanding multi-site franchise approved commercial vehicle dealer group, are currently looking to hire a fully qualified Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Technician for their busy dealership in Gloucester..
Reporting to the Service Manager, as a HGV Technician your key objectives will include:
- To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules.
- Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
- Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
- Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
- Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
In order to be eligible you will need to live within a reasonable commuting distance of Gloucester and be qualified to IMI/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in heavy vehicle maintenance and repair as well as being willing to be included on the roadside call out rota. You will need to be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy workshop environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team. Applicants with an active HGV driving licence and experience of working to main dealer standards would be highly advantageous however this is non-essential.
For your hard work as a HGV Technician, our client is offering:
- Starting hourly rate up to £15.50 pending experience and current earnings (£32,240 per annum).
- Late shift allowance providing additional £2,028 per annum.
- Overtime subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half (roughly £3,500 per annum).
- Roadside call out work with lucrative financial benefits.
- 22 days annual holiday allowance plus the 8 bank holidays.
- Workplace pension scheme
- Full in-house and off-site manufacturer-approved training provided.
- Various company benefits including tooling allowance and private healthcare provisions,
- Split shift rota where the hours worked are 6:00am-2:30pm week one and 1:30pm-10:00pm week two Monday to Friday. Work levels permitting there is normally around 3-4 hours overtime extra per week so you will need to be flexible in assisting with this.
If this HGV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Gloucester please contact Josh at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from HGV Technician Jobs through to Car Sales Executive Jobs.