£35000 per annum
12 days ago
- £32-£36,000 Basic + Bonus
- Company Car, Laptop & Phone
- Yorkshire / Lancashire Based
Our client, a market leading commercial automotive business has an exciting new opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join their Halifax based team to cover the Yorkshire / Lancashire regions.
Reporting to the Managing Director and Sales Director, the successful Sales Manager / Business Development Manager will help develop both existing accounts as well as new sales opportunities in all Automotive market sectors across Yorkshire and Lancashire.
The customers mix is varied, from Motor Factors, Fleet Customers, VM dealerships, Local Authorities, Off highway, Agricultural specialists, Bus companies and the Garage trade.
The Sales Manager / Business Development Manager role:
The primary task of this Sales Manager / Business Development Manager is to promote, sell and secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach in order to increase sales in line with annual budgets.
The Sales Manager / Business Development Manager role will include securing sales of both existing product and preparation of quotations and proposals for new products.
With most of the customers spread across Yorkshire and Lancashire, you will be required to ensure that face to face meetings are planned and executed on a regular basis.
When not visiting customers, your time as a Sales Manager / Business Development Manager will be spent at the Halifax site, planning and making appointments, following up on previous visits, carrying out market research to locate and qualify new prospects and completing sales analysis and reporting.
Personal Attributes o the Sales Manager / Business Development Manager:
- A self-motivated desire to win ongoing profitable business
- A proven track record of building strong working relationships
- Be able to perform under pressure
- Proactive approach and commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Ability to work with key decision makers to obtain orders
- Obtain new customers through cross selling, networking and cold calling
- Plan and arrange meetings within geographical areas and effectively manage your appointments to ensure you meet targets
- Handle customer queries efficiently and effectively and in a professional manor.
- Be reliable, dependable, honest and trustworthy.
- Use CRM systems to effectively plan and execute sales visits and to maintain ongoing contact with customers and prospects
- Coordinate sales effort with colleagues across all departments to ensure customers work is being progressed in a timely manner
- Ability to achieve sales targets and outcomes within prescribed timescales
- Produce weekly sales forecasts and track sales with weekly / monthly updates
- The ability to manage your own time is essential
- Hold a full driving licence
If this Sales Manager / Business Development Manager Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Halifax please contact Helen Terry at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.