£35000 per annum
2 days ago
- £35,000 Salary
- 5 Days a week – 8am – 5pm
Our Client, a Luxury & Supercar specialist business in the Reading area are looking for a Parts Purchasing Manager to add to their team of highly skilled, niche professionals!
Based in Reading, they have developed a well-established and respected business looking after Luxury & Supercar owners throughout the World for many years!
- Organise all parts for recreation cars - Create shelves in the Parts department for dry build parts and post paint parts to ensure they are ready for the arrival of vehicles. Find out lead times for outstanding parts.
- Create work lists for the Machine shop and Fabrication shop.
- Manage all manufacturing for the Machine shop and Fabrication shop, as well as book in all parts.
- Add all parts and part batches to each department lists, including Quality Control, and prioritise.
- Add all part numbers and batch numbers to the internal CRM system to enable staff to record their hours to them. This includes some jobs and job numbers for the Workshop and Engine shop.
- Make all final decisions on parts that arrive out of spec from internal & external.
- Work alongside the Accounts Department with end of month invoicing and make sure all parts on the internal parts system (Orderwise) are charged out and dispatched.
- Approve all invoices weekly for every department and make sure these are being charged to cars and customers.
- Organise external jobs such as plating, splining, machining. Send parts and create PO’s.
- Liaise with all suppliers about parts on order.
- Gather quotes for all new parts drawn.
- Assist the sales team to fulfil all parts on sales orders to ensure that they are dispatched in a timely manner.
- Continue to improve the parts website by taking photos of parts and uploading them to the website.
- Take regular stock takes of important stock parts to make sure they are available to sell and build to cars.
- Constantly assessing the market and improving the quality of parts by changing suppliers where necessary or discussing new design or material of parts.
- Assist with R&D tax return preparations.
2 years’ experience in a similar purchasing role (Automotive/Engineering)
If you are interested in something slightly different and out of the ordinary, this is the perfect opportunity for you! If you are fed up of being treated like just a number, then again, this is a fantastic opportunity for you!!
For further information, or if you feel you have the experience and skillset listed above, please get in contact with Charlotte at Perfect Placement Automotive Recruitment
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from HGV Technician Jobs through to Car Sales Executive Jobs.