£30000 per annum
8 months ago
- Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:00 or 09:00 – 18:00 – No Weekends!
- Around £29,000 Salary
- Unique Opportunity
Our Client, a well-known independent Vehicle Restoration Business based in the West Southampton / New Forest Area are currently seeking a multi-skilled Classic Car Technician for their restoration department.
Our client deals with vehicles from 1950s Classic to more modern day vehicles, ranging from American Hot Rods, Classic MG & Triumphs, Mature Majestic Mercedes, to 90’s Japanese Scoobys, Supras & More!
If you are looking to work on ‘the best in show’ and some really unique vehicles this is the Classic Car Technician job for you!
Due to the large variation of vehicles our Client requires a multi-skilled technician, ideally with experience within the classic car field or experience with retro-vehicles.
You will need to be multi-skilled, this is not a role where parts can simply be just replaced and the vehicle returned back to the customer, strong diagnostic skills developed through manual experience is required, to understand and rectify issues.
Ideally the successful Candidate will have experience in some/all of these areas of knowledge:
- Traditional petrol engines, in particular carburettor fuel systems and distributor type ignition systems.
- Balancing carburettors - Setting them up and plateau tuning.
- SU Pistons (fuel and air measures/pressures).
- Down daft carburettors.
- Twin and single choke – starting mechanisms/enriching devices – electrical and manual.
- Diagnostic Machines – old tuning machines / engine emission detectors.
- Adjustments of jets, throttles and air screws.
- Engine building.
- Traditional electrical, transmission, braking and suspension systems.
- Implementing efficient workflow, taking the initiative when required.
For the successful Classic Car Technician, our Client is looking to offer a Salary of around £29,000 dependent on experience.
The working hours are Monday – Friday Only 08:00 – 17:00 or 09:00 – 18:00 with 30 minutes’ unpaid lunch & 2 x 15 minutes paid breaks.
You will be contacted by Perfect Placement to assess your initial suitability for the position, on successful completion you will then be ask to attend an interview, preferably on-site within a Covid Secure environment.
If this Classic Car Technician position interests you and you would like to know more about Commercial vehicle, Sales, Workshop, Aftersales or Rental Managerial roles in Southampton, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Fareham, Eastleigh, New Forset, Salisbury, Dorset, Wiltshire, Hampshire & West Sussex please contact Martin Bane at Perfect Placement UK Ltd
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.