£40000 per annum
23 days ago
Our client a well established and very successful Integrated Machinery Design, Manufacturer & Installation company in Suffolk is looking for an experienced Design Engineer.
Your role as a Mechanical Draftsperson / Design Engineer will be to carry out a hands-on draughting / drawing role as described below.
Out client is offering the successful Mechanical Draftsperson / Design Engineer:
- Excellent salary in-line with level of experience.
- Monday to Friday 8am-4:30pm
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Fantastic development opportunities.
The Mechanical Draftsperson / Design Engineer Role:
- To produce a set of working detail and assembly drawings to meet the design brief in line with the technical specification in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaise with sales & operations to ensure designs meet customer expectations and specification.
- Liaise with Purchasing to procure parts.
- Preparation of contract documentation, Drawings, BOM, CE documents, O&M manuals.
- Work on any reasonable task as instructed by your direct manager or other senior manager
- Liaise with Production to provide detailed instructions and to discuss technical issues during the build
- Design within current H&S guidelines & customer specific health & safety requirements.
- Assist troubleshoot production problems
- Attend customers site as required for site surveys or trouble shooting, installations.
- This role as a Mechanical Draftsperson / Design Engineer can involve weekend & or other unsociable times.
Qualifications required for this Mechanical Draftsperson / Design Engineer role:
- Mechanical Engineering qualification desirable
- Draughting or Mechanical Design Experience essential
Experience needed to be successful in this Mechanical Draftsperson / Design Engineer role:
- Draughtsman role: minimum 2 years draughting experience
- Additional Design responsibilities: 3+ years design experience within a similar industry
Knowledge and Skills needed in this Mechanical Draftsperson / Design Engineer role:
- Capable of communication within a team environment
- Good working knowledge of 2D and 3D (Solidworks and AutoCAD LT)
- Able to handle multiple projects and short leadtimes
- Able to read & comprehend written & verbal instructions, technical specifications, detailed drawings & other similar authorised documents.
- Good decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to organise and schedule work load in accordance with project milestones and delivery dates
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Proactive approach
- Good PC skills including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Capacity to generate original design concepts, and or contribute to group design reviews (for design responsibilities)
This is a very exciting opportunity for the right Mechanical Draftsperson / Design Engineer to take their career to the next stage and enjoy working for a company that truly values their staff.
We are in the process of reviewing many applications for this position. If you do not hear back from us within 3 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you are interested in hearing more about this Mechanical Draftsperson / Design Engineer opportunity, or others we have in your area, please do not hesitate to contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement today.
Our team of Engineering Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Engineering Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Engineering Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today.