£46500 per annum
15 days ago
- Hours: 42.5 hours per week
- Week 1: Monday – Friday 6.00am – 3.00pm
- Week 2: 2.00pm – 11.00pm + Saturday 6.00am – 1.00pm (overtime at time+half)
- Hours Rate: £14-20 (dependent on experience, upper end for qualified diagnostic HGV Tech).
- Day Shift Allowance: £1 per hour
- Contract: Full Time, Permanent.
Our automotive client is actively looking to hire an experienced HGV Technician to work their early and late shifts in their busy workshop.
Our client has been providing transport solutions for over 30 years. With a demonstrable track record of consistently delivering quality vehicles, rental options, aftersales and excellent back-up on a national level, they are a leader in commercial vehicle solutions.
As a productive member of the team you will spend your time in the workshop maintaining HGV’s to high standards, carrying out inspections, repairs and services. Analysis and diagnostics of vehicles is also a critical part of this role to ensure you exceed their customers’ expectations.
Duties as a HGV Technician Include:
- To service, adjust and repair HGV commercial vehicles.
- Service and repair components and accessories including removal and refitting in a safe, proper and economical manner using equipment provided.
- To diagnose faults and test vehicles utilising equipment available and using recognised test procedures and techniques.
- Road testing when deemed necessary.
- To observe, recognise and report on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure.
- Identification of recharge costs advising the Workshop Supervisor and correct completion of paperwork.
You must be qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Vehicle Mechanics, have a positive, 'can do' attitude, willingness to work as part of an effective team and hold a full car driving licence, if you have an HGV licence too this would be an advantage.
Motor Trade experience as an HGV Technician is essential.
If this HGV Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in West Thurrock please contact Louisa Coggs at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from HGV Technician Jobs through to Car Sales Executive Jobs.