£32000 per annum
6 days ago
Our client is looking is offering an exciting job opportunity due to the rapid expansion of their Service Department for a Service Manager
In this role, you will be responsible for the growth of our retail work and the efficient running of the workshop, whilst providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities as a Service Manager:
- Running the service desk, including managing team members and evaluating desk efficiency
- Responsible for generating new retail business and achieving set monthly targets
- Effectively manages team members, including technicians and advisors, to ensure team objectives and sales goals are being carried out
- Manages the Workshop diary and allocates job to Vehicle Technicians to maximise speed and efficiency's
- Displays extensive working knowledge of industry standards and practices, including product details and company services offered
- Offers exemplary customer service, including maintaining customer relationships and ensuring repeat customers by upselling products and services and taking care of any customer concerns or complaints quickly and professionally
- Develops working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, and ensures service department adheres to all regulations
- Book in vehicles, ensuring appointments are convenient for the customer and the company and are in line with workshop capacity
- Produce accurate job cards, invoices and related customer information, providing relevant information to both the workshop and customers
- Order parts from various suppliers always ensuring we are getting the best value for money
- Ensure accurate recording of all daily operating controls and KPIs.
- Make sure premises, tools, equipment and other dealership assets are controlled and used effectively.
- Ensure all materials purchased are adequately controlled.
- Control resources and utilise assets and maximise profitability through effective sale of labour, parts, accessories, lubricants and other products and services.
- Assist with the recruitment of new service staff
For your hard work as a Service Manager our client is offering:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- 28 days holiday (inc. Bank Holidays)
- Excellent career development opportunities.
The successful candidate will have:
- A desire to push the department forward and be driven by targets and success
- Previous management experience in a similar role managing a diverse workshop operation
- Current knowledge of legislation in relation to workshops, MOT testing stations and vehicle maintenance
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, priorities and manage your own workload, meeting strict deadlines whilst under pressure
If this Service Manager Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Ipswich please contact Danielle Axtell-Carty at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Jobs within the Automotive Field, we can help you with your Career search for Motor Trade Jobs as we have over 1,400 live Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK ranging from Vehicle Technician Jobs to Service Manager Jobs.