£22000 per annum
about 2 months ago
- Up to £22,000 per year
- 40 Hours per Week
- Southampton, Hampshire
Are you a mechanically minded individual? Qualified in Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3 in vehicle mechanics? Have experience in an automotive role or working with Cars? Enjoy working on your own vehicle and want to turn into your profession? If yes to any of the above, then we have a fantastic role available for you!
Our Client is a successful Nationwide Business who have recently expanded operations to the Southampton area. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company, with strong future career prospects to work your way up the company.
You will be working with the latest models of vehicles within the UK from all makes and models, so if you are a Car Enthusiast this role is for you!
The following list of specific duties and responsibilities is indicative and not exhaustive:-
- Log onto to the Inform and OEM systems using company provided Tablet and receive work orders indicating assigned PDI tests to be completed. Alternatively, receive work order instructions from PDI technician colleagues or team leader.
- Collect a car for PDI from outside the workshop and drive the car to the correct inspection bay. The car will be positioned into place, per PDI procedure, at the inspection bay.
- Inspect certain specified items and or complete various tasks in line with company procedures. These include, for example, checking suspension, car under-body, wheel nuts, tyre pressure, number plates, oils, fluids, battery, diagnostics, shunt fuse activation, child locks, remote locks, interior functions including door electrics, mirrors, radio codes and functions, wipers, lights, sat nav, sun-roof and other similar items.
- The team will perform a test drive on the inspected vehicle, noting any final issues and rectifying if possible.
- The inspection will be tracked and a check-list completed, either on line or by paper, confirming that each element of the particular inspection has been completed by the general operative (and technician).
- Attend training as required.
- Follow the PDI process and procedure.
- Follow all company health and safety procedures.
- Assist with general duties in other parts of the workshop with light body repair and paint work. Duties may include vehicle preparation, vehicle finishing / assembly / vehicle cleaning and valeting.
- Assist with general duties in other on-site workshops including van or commercial conversions moving of vehicles to and from load lanes fuelling, charging as required.
- Assist with general duties with regard to batch jobs as may be required from time to time.
- Follow all inventory requisition procedures.
- Dispose of waste material properly and in line with environmental and health and safety procedures
- Other general duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- May be required to operate a shift rotation if required
Our Client is offering the successful Operative:
- A Basic Salary of around £20,000
- Training opportunities
- Long term career development prospects
- Future Opportunity of progression
- Friendly working atmosphere
Experience and qualifications
- Experience in the motor trade advantageous
- Mechanically minded, perhaps with formal mechanical qualification
- Experience working with cars advantageous.
- Alarm or accessory fitment experience advantageous
- Modifying cars
- Good dexterity
- Ability to think logically, solve problems and follow a process
- Good communicator
- Team working ability and skills
- Down to earth disposition
- Reasonable IT skills
This is an exciting opportunity for a Semi-Skilled Technician, Vehicle Technician, Valetor, Driver, or automotive enthusiasts to take their career to join a fantastic family friendly company and enjoy working for a company that truly values their staff & customers.
If you are interested in hearing more about this General Operative role, or others we have in Southampton, Portsmouth, Winchester, Eastleigh, Chandlers Ford, Fareham, Havant, Waterlooville, Bournemouth, New Forest, Salisbury, Hampshire to contact Martin Bane at Perfect Placement today.