£36000 per annum
about 1 month ago
- Up to £36,000 per annum.
- Split shift of 6:00am-2:30pm week one and 2:30pm - 11:30pm week two Mon-Fri.
- Great career prospects with a growing fleet business.
Our client, a national fleet service business, are currently looking to hire a fully qualified Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Technician for their busy center in Gloucester.
Reporting to the Service Manager, as a HGV Technician / Supervisor your key objectives will include:
- To complete all service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules.
- Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
- Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
- Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
- Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
- Supervise a team of HGV Technicians will actively working on the tools
In order to be eligible you will need to live within a reasonable commuting distance of Gloucester and be qualified to IMI/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in heavy vehicle maintenance and repair as well as being willing to be included on the roadside call out rota.
You will need to be a committed individual and a good team player.
You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy workshop environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team.
Applicants with an active Class 1 HGV driving license and multiple years of working experience would be highly advantageous however this is non-essential.
For your hard work as a HGV Technician, our client is offering:
- Starting hourly rate up to £36,000
- Split shift of 6:00am - 2:30pm week one and 2:30pm - 11:30pm week two Mon-Fri.
- Overtime on Saturday mornings subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half
- 20 days annual holiday allowance plus the 8 bank holidays.
- Workplace pension scheme
- Full in-house and off-site manufacturer-approved training provided.
- Late working shift is paid at a premium rate
If this HGV Technician / Supervisor Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Gloucester please contact Harry at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if your Automotive Career is not heading in the direction you wish it to be, be sure to get in touch! We have over 1,400 live vacancies, ranging from HGV Technician Jobs through to Car Sales Executive Jobs.