£40000 per annum
about 2 months ago
- £35,000 to £40,000 annually
- 42 hours a week
- Great opportunity to expand your career in the PCV / HGV world!
Our client based in Preston are looking for an experienced and effective Workshop Manager who has previously run a team of technicians and is able to deal directly with customers. Our client are ideally looking candidates who are experienced as a Workshop Manager from a refuse Vehicle / PCV / HGV background, however ensuring a positive attitude is key.
Key Responsibilities for the Workshop Manager role:
- Must have a strong workshop control experience
- Supervise, manage, and monitor service technicians/repairers and stores person.
- Ensure customer satisfaction at the highest level through effective services and repairs.
- Handle and manage customer feedback and complaints as per the contract schedule.
- Ensure all parts are ordered and purchased via the Freeway parts system
- Analyse and identify any skills gaps and produce training plans to resolve the issue.
- Be able to demonstrate their own competencies and support in completing maintenance and repairs as and when required .
- Maintain adequate facilities and tools appropriate for the workshops.
- Leading improvements within the workshop and site safety and maintenance.
- Improve and implement new processes and procedures.
- Preparing daily job cards and work fairly allocated
- Maintaining repair & servicing records.
- Developing & Training staff and offering technical support.
- Carrying out quality control checks
- Stock Control for parts held
In order to be considered for the Workshop Manager role, you will need to be a qualified Technician in HGV / PCV maintenance and repairs. You must be understanding of Health & Safety, Risk & COSHH assessments, computer literate, able to work as a team and individually, confident, motivated, work well under pressure, and flexible.
Benefits include a competitive salary, training, free employee travel pass scheme and company pension.
If this Workshop Controller Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Preston please contact Becca at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 1,400 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK!!