Fully negotiable salary
about 1 month ago
- Fully negotiable salary pending experience and current earnings.
- 8:30am-5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Our client, a large independent accident repair centre based in the Cheltenham region, are currently looking to recruit a Vehicle MET/Strip Fit Technician to join their business.
Reporting to the Bodyshop Manager and working as part of a large team, the MET Technician responsibilities will include:
- Removal of damaged parts to allow repairs to take place.
- Ensuring displaced parts are stored correctly and safely for refitting.
- Checking for additional damage and any additional parts that may be required, bringing these items to the attention of the Vehicle Damage Assessor and ordering the additional parts.
- Checking all the parts are here, and are correct to enable smooth travel through the vehicle repair journey.
- Once the vehicle has been repaired and painted, you then refit the vehicle, taking care and attention not to damage freshly painted panels and ensuring panel gaps are true and within manufacturers tolerances.
- As part of the role you may also be required to replace mechanical components of the steering, drivetrain and engine.
- Reset vehicle Control Units using diagnostic equipment.
- Ensures that all health and safety legislation and internal procedures are followed.
- Attends regular safety training to review work safety rules.
- Ensures the maintenance of tools, equipment, and other materials.
- Performs other reasonable activities from time to time.
In order to be eligible the MET Technician should have a current ATA/IMI MET Technician or IMI/NVQ Level 3 in Light Vehicle Mechanical, Maintenance & Repair or GNVQ equivalent and have at least two years experience of working in a busy high quality workshop environment.
Overall you will be able to work under pressure and to strict deadline, carry out duties as detailed on job cards to manufacturer and company standards, use initiative and have the ability to prioritise workload to meet delivery times and customers’ expectations, be able to work independently but liaise effectively with colleagues and support others by multi-tasking during busy periods.
A UK driving licence with minimal points is essential at this stage.
For the MET Technician hard work as a Vehicle MET/Strip Fit Technician our client is offering:
- Fully negotiable starting salary pending experience and current earnings.
- Access to a performance related bonus scheme
- 23 days annual leave plus the 8 bank holidays (holiday allowance increases over length of service).
- Full in-house training provided.
- Company benefits including free MOT's and 50% discount on vehicle services, free eye test, dental and therapy treatments, online retailer discounts, and a workplace pension scheme.
- Fantastic long-term career development prospects with one of the largest accident repair groups in South Wales.
- Working hours from 8:30am-5:00pm Monday to Friday.
If this MET Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Cheltenham please contact Josh Buck at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 1,400 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK!!