£40000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client a well established Manufacturer just outside Norwich is looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer, the successful candidate must have experience within mechanical design.
Our client is offering the successful candidate:
- The starting salary for this role is £28,000 - £32,000 DOE
- 38 hours per week plus a competitive overtime rate
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance cover and a generous company pension scheme.
Key Responsibilities/Activities as a Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Produce technical information, drawings and associated schedules and documents, designs, specifications and standards
- Testing and commissioning of the mechanical and electrical systems
- Report any problems of the design and brief
- Maintain competitiveness by ensuring drawings are produced within the durations indicated
- Ensure technical co-ordination
- Ensure projects are delivered to timescale and budget
- Maintain drawing files and records throughout the duration of the contract
- Suggest solutions to problems based on an understanding of relevant technologies
- Visit customers as required, to help achieve sales, resolve problems and test machines
- Maintain product costing data
- Ensure statutory and company procedures and practices are maintained
- Work with and support other departments to ensure business objectives are achieved
- Promote a safe working environment ensuring compliance with all current legislation
Experience required as a Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Recent experience in an engineering-related role
- Many years experience in a Manufacturing/assembly environment
- Strong CAD skills
- Educated to BA / BSc hons level, or equivalent in Engineering or proven capability in a relevant discipline
This is an exciting opportunity to take their career to the next stage and enjoy working for a company that truly values their staff.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, or others we have in your area, please do not hesitate to contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement today.
We are in the process of reviewing many applications for this position. If you do not hear back from us within 3 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.