£32000 per annum
28 days ago
- Starting salary up to £26,000 per annum plus bonus earned and overtime.
- Monday to Friday 8:00am-5:00pm with 1 in 2 Saturdays 8:00am-1:00pm paid as overtime.
- Rare opportunity with one of the fastest growing car dealer groups in the UK.
Our client, a large franchise approved car dealership in the Newport region, are currently looking to hire a fully qualified Vehicle Technician for their busy Service Department.
Reporting to the Aftersales Manager and working as part of a friendly workshop team, as a Vehicle Technician , the Vehicle Technician main duties will include carrying out fault diagnosis, service, and repair as instructed to the standards laid down by the manufacturer and our client. You need to ensure faults are accurately diagnosed and report to the Workshop Controller as required on vehicle condition, safety, reliability and performance. You will also need to ensure that quality procedures relating to the function laid down by our client and manufacturer are adhered to at all times.
In order to be eligible the Vehicle Technician will need to live within a reasonable commuting distance of Newport and be qualified to NVQ/IMI Level 3 or equivalent in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair as well as a UK driving licence with minimal points. Overall the Car Mecahnic must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy franchise approved car dealer environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team. Applicants with an active MOT Smart Card and experience of more complex vehicle electronic/diagnostic repair work would be advantageous to our client but it is non-essential.
For your hard work, our client is offering the successful Vehicle Technician:
- Starting salary up to £26,000 per annum dependent upon experience and current earnings.
- Monthly bonus scheme worth an additional 13% on top of your basic salary.
- Overtime paid at an enhanced rate.
- 23 days annual holiday allowance plus the 8 bank holidays.
- Full in-house and manufacturer-approved training.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Company benefits including staff referral bonus and staff purchase discounts.
- Fantastic career prospects with one of the fastest growing car dealer groups in the UK.
- Working hours from 8:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday with an hour lunch and 1 in 2 Saturdays 8:00am-1:00pm paid as overtime.
If this Vehicle Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Newport please contact Harry Woodcock at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
At Perfect Placement we specialise in Jobs within the Automotive Field, we can help you with your Career search for Motor Trade Jobs as we have over 1,400 live Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK ranging from Vehicle Technician Jobs to Service Manager Jobs.