£33000 per annum
14 days ago
Our client is looking for a maintenance person with experience in product machinery, automated assembly equipment, building supplies and services.
The Maintenance Engineer should have a friendly hands-on approach and be experience in dealing with external suppliers.
Responsibilities for the Maintenance Engineer include:
- Attending to and rectifying production machinery, equipment and ancillaries’ breakdowns
- Maintaining suitable maintenance stock levels, raising POs and progressing
- Processing maintenance tickets
- Identifying and maintaining critical spare part levels for new and existing equipment
- Inspections of equipment/services and buildings on a regular basis, reporting any issues to management
- Carry out inspection checks and testing and record keeping
- Carry out lubrication, routine maintenance and servicing
- Review and assess risks associated with new equipment and processes
- General building maintenance
- Organising workload, agreeing service/maintenance schedule with department heads
- Organising service visits by outside contractors, ensuring they comply with all H&S / Work permit requirements including risk assessments
Requirements for the successful Maintenance Engineer
- Fault finding on electrical/hydraulic/pneumatic circuits
- Reading electrical / hydraulic / pneumatic drawings
- Computer literate
- Good mechanical knowledge, bearings / slideways etc
- Welding Mig / Tig / MMA
- Machining: Milling / Turning / Grinding
- Knowledge of building works – plumbing / carpentry etc
- Understanding of PLC controls
Our client can offer the Maintenance Engineer:
- Pleasant working conditions, good rate of pay with some opportunity to work overtime
- 39 hour working week
- 28 days statutory holiday, rising to 33 after 3 years
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- 1 week’s sick pay after 12 month’s service rising to maximum 6 weeks
- Workwear, safety shoes and PPE provided
- Starting Salary £29,000
This is an exciting opportunity to take their career to the next stage and enjoy working for a company that truly values their staff.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, or others we have in your area, please do not hesitate to contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement today.
Perfect Placement are specialists in Engineering Recruitment. We specialise in local, national and world wide Engineering and Manufacturing Recruitment. If you are looking for a new role within Engineering please contact our team of Engineering recruitment specialists today.