£22800 per annum
about 2 months ago
- Basic Salary up to £22,800
- Mon - Fri 14:00 – 22:30
- Commercial Main Dealer
Our Client a commercial Vehicle Main Dealer with over 30 years of Trading is seeking a multi-skilled HGV Class 1 Driver for their Portsmouth Branch.
Our client deals with a number of Haulage Businesses and Commercials enterprises, ensuring them whether they are purchasing a vehicle, or maintaining a commercial vehicle, they are providing both individual customers and large multinational companies an excellent service.
Customer service is at the heart of everything they do and how they stand out from the competition.
For HGV Driver / Yards Person to stand out from the crowd you need to be a self-starter, motivated, and an excellent communicator.
The HGV Driver / Yards Person Duties Will Include:
- Carry out MOT Steam Cleans
- Ensure the vehicles in the yard parked are parked in a tidy manner
- Collection and delivery of vehicles for servicing and road testing
- Keep the workshop clean and tidy
- Sweeping and cleaning the workshop floor, including the pit lanes
- Use of industrial cleaning and vacuum to deep clean bays and other areas as directed
- Emptying bins and removing scrap items and place in bin area at least once a day
- Returning workshop special tools to the store
- Sweeping and cleaning the store room
- Keep the yard clean and tidy from weeds and rubbish
- General husbandry as requested by Senior Management
- Cleaning and vehicle checks of courtesy vehicles
- Ensure forklift is filled up weekly and supply of fuel is readily available
- Assist Parts Department by delivery parts to our customers or collecting parts from our Suppliers
- Ensure safe working procedures are adopted in accordance with the current company Health & Safety policy
The HGV Driver / Yards Person will need to demonstrate:
- A professional manner
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
Requirements for the HGV Driver / Yards Person role:
- Knowledge of geographical area
- HGV Class 1 Driver
- Professional presentation
- Customer Service Skills
- Verbal and written skills
- Physically able to lift appropriate items in and out of vehicle (subject to legal limitation)
- Knowledge of Health & Safety in the Workplace
Salary: Basic Salary £22,800 Depending On Experience + Overtime
If you are interested in working at a well-established commercial vehicle rental business as a HGV Driver, Class 1 Driver, Class 2 Driver, HGV Assistant, Driver, Valetor, Service Advisor, or want to know more about other automotive jobs in Southampton, Eastleigh, Portsmouth, Winchester, Bournemouth, Salisbury Fareham, and Hampshire, then please contact Martin Bane at perfect placement today.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in motor trade jobs, so if you are looking to improve your automotive career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK motor trade recruiters with over 1,400 automotive vacancies across the whole of the UK.