£31590 per annum
28 days ago
- Starting salary up to £13.50 per hour pending experience.
- 45 hour week Monday to Friday.
Our client, a large independent accident repair centre based in the Swansea region, are currently looking to recruit a Vehicle MET/Strip Fit Technician to join their business.
Reporting to the Bodyshop Manager and working as part of a large team, your responsibilities will include:
- Removal of damaged parts to allow repairs to take place.
- Ensuring displaced parts are stored correctly and safely for refitting.
- Checking for additional damage and any additional parts that may be required, bringing these items to the attention of the Vehicle Damage Assessor and ordering the additional parts.
- Checking all the parts are here, and are correct to enable smooth travel through the vehicle repair journey.
- Once the vehicle has been repaired and painted, you then refit the vehicle, taking care and attention not to damage freshly painted panels and ensuring panel gaps are true and within manufacturers tolerances.
- As part of the role you may also be required to replace mechanical components of the steering, drivetrain and engine.
- Reset vehicle Control Units using diagnostic equipment.
- Ensures that all health and safety legislation and internal procedures are followed.
- Attends regular safety training to review work safety rules.
- Ensures the maintenance of tools, equipment, and other materials.
- Performs other reasonable activities from time to time.
In order to be eligible you will ideally have a recognised qualification in automotive MET/vehicle body repair or be working towards an IMI qualification however our client is very open to considering candidates with no formal qualifications but a strong track record in vehicle body repair/strip and fit or a Vehicle Technician interested in moving in to a new challenging role on the body repair side of the motor industry.
Overall you will be able to work under pressure and to strict deadline, carry out duties as detailed on job cards to manufacturer and company standards, use initiative and have the ability to prioritise workload to meet delivery times and customers’ expectations, be able to work independently but liaise effectively with colleagues and support others by multi-tasking during busy periods. A UK driving licence with minimal points is essential at this stage.
For your hard work as a Vehicle MET/Strip Fit Technician our client is offering:
- Starting basic salary up to £13.50 per hour pending experience and current earnings.
- Overtime subject to availability paid at time and a half rate.
- 20 days annual leave plus the 8 bank holidays.
- Full in-house training provided.
- Fantastic long-term career development prospects with a long-established accident repair group based in the South Wales region.
- 45 hour week Monday to Friday.
If this MET Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Mechanic Jobs and Automotive Jobs in Swansea, please contact Harry Woodcock at Perfect Placement.
We are the UK's leading Automotive Recruitment Consultancy, if you are looking to refresh your Automotive Career please get in touch with us, we have many Motor Trade Jobs available across the whole of the UK.