£26000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Starting salary up to £12.50 per hour plus overtime earned.
8:00am-5:30pm Monday to Friday with occasional Saturday mornings required subject to business demand.
Long-standing business operating over 100 years in the region.
Our client, a franchise approved commercial vehicle dealership in the Newport area, is currently looking to hire a skilled Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV)/Van Technician for their busy Service Department!
Reporting to the Service Manager and working as part of a large friendly team, your key objectives will include:
- To complete all light commercial vehicle service work and defined maintenance work of the utmost quality and efficiency within manufacturers time schedules.
- Supply a professional performance in all aspects of work activities to make an essential contribution to the value and retention of customers.
- Supporting colleagues in the workshop with any technical issues and innovations.
- Ability to carry out comprehensive diagnosis and repairs of malfunctions on light commercial vehicles.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
- Document the results of diagnosis/repairs/service/safety inspections.
In order to be eligible you will need to live within a reasonable commuting distance of Newport and have a UK driving licence with minimal points. You will need to be qualified to IMI/NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in either Light or Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair as a minimum and have some practical experience post qualification working with light commercial vehicles. Overall you will be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy franchise approved dealer environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team.
For your hard work as a Van Technician our client is offering:
- Starting salary up to £12.50 per hour pending experience and current earnings.
- 22 days annual leave plus the 8 bank holidays
- Overtime subject to availability paid at an enhanced rate of time and a half.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Full in-house and off-site manufacturer-approved training provided.
- Fantastic career prospects with an industry leading brand.
- Working hours from 8:00am-5:30pm Monday to Friday with occasional Saturday mornings required subject to business demand (paid as overtime).
If this Van Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Newport please contact Harry at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.