£40000 per annum
21 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service & Commissioning Engineer to join our clients team in a long established and experienced company with a fantastic and trustworthy reputation. They have continued to grow through these challenging times and can offer a long-term stable position where you can develop your skills.
What our client offers the successful Service & Commissioning Engineer:
- Basic Salary between £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
- Door to door paid travel
- Overtime - paid or time in lieu
- 20 days holiday plus public holidays - Rising with length of service
- Pension scheme
- Company Van or Car with tools (Optional personal use of vehicle)
- Company Uniform and PPE
- Company Credit card
- Mobile Phone
- Monday - Friday 40 hours, occasionally work or travel may be required on weekends as well as call out emergencies.
- Office in Milton Keynes / Field based UK and Europe
Key responsibilities for the Service & Commissioning Engineer:
- Able and willing to travel in UK and abroad up to 50% of the year
- Is qualified and competent to test electrical panel and devices such as pumps, 4-20mA signals, interlocks, flow and DP switches.
- Ensure that all paperwork is up to date, correct and sent to customer, Service and Account team.
- Inspect job sheets and previous reports, selections, and bill of material closely to identify key parts that maybe needed to complete repairs during your future mission on-site.
- Collect parts that are to be fitted on-site and arrange for delivery
- Ensure that stock is always up to date.
- Ensure that vehicle supplied is clean and presentable to enforce the company's image and carry out routine maintenance checks plus to be polite and courteous on the road.
- Plan your route in the most efficient way taking notes of times printed on job sheets.
- Aim to be on site 8:30am the latest each day in UK and by midday in Europe.
- Promote a good image to all customers.
- Promote good teamwork.
- Be polite and courteous to all customers.
- Ensure that work is of a high standard to encourage repeat business.
- Clean up any mess caused from the work carried out at the customer's property.
- Telephone/text the office on time of departure from your home, on arrival to site ad same in the afternoon to comply with H&S regulations and lone worker.
- Wear company uniform provided at all times.
- Use PPE provided to complete your activities on-site and follow up for renewal.
Competencies for the Service & Commissioning Engineer:
- To live within a commutable distance of Milton Keynes (1-2h max).
- Previously trained to work on electric panel using 400V
- Good understanding of hydraulic and standard pipings for chillers and heat-pump
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Good time management and organisation
- Full UK driving license and willing to drive from airports to site in Europe
- Basic computer skills ( Office suite, TeamViewer,..)
- Reliable, trustworthy, and able to take responsibility
- Methodical and accurate in the handling of paperwork
- Poses Initiative and solutions
- A second language such as French, Spanish or German would be an asset.
- Some knowledge with CHP, Steam, boiler, district cooling and heating would be an asset.
- Able to drive in Europe while using a rental car provided by company.
If you are interested in hearing more about this Service & Commissioning Engineer opportunity, or others we have in your area, please do not hesitate to contact Paul Bedwell at Perfect Placement today.
We are in the process of reviewing many applications for this position. If you do not hear back from us within 3 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.