£45000 per annum
26 days ago
Circa £30,000 Basic Salary, OTE £35,000
42.5 Hours a Week, M – F 07:00 – 15:30
Our Client a Commercial Vehicle Dealership in the Southampton area is currently looking to hire an experienced HGV Technician for their Clients Vehicle Management Unit.
Our Client is one of the largest privately owned automotive groups across the south coast, they have a fantastic reputation for high standards and around 90 years trading history. They have invested heavily within the business recently and has a business ethos of ensuring that their people are at the heart of their business.
Duties of a HGV Technician with our Client:
- To carry out repairs and servicing to vehicles, as instructed, to the highest possible standard.
- To correctly interpret instructions from the job card/repair order, to follow all documented Quality Procedures and to comply with repair instructions and stipulated settings and tolerances from manufacturers' manuals, bulletins, check sheets.
- To obtain any necessary technical information by following documented procedures. To request and attend training and to keep abreast of the latest technical information which is circulated or displayed.
- Plan, carry out, check and test all work done to the highest possible standard of workmanship and in the most efficient manner, in order to ensure the maximum utilisation of time available. To report any repair difficulties immediately.
- Accurately report and record work done, and tests carried out and to immediately report any further work required or vehicle faults, as laid down in documented procedures.
- Protect and take care of Customers' and the Company's property. To drive and road test vehicles by following documented procedures and taking the utmost care.
- Maintain allocated work areas in a clean and tidy condition and to remove all scrap, etc. immediately upon the completion of each repair.
- Ensure that all guidelines on health and safety are followed. -To maintain good working relationships with other staff and Customers.
- Carry out any further duties, within capabilities, by agreement with management.
What our Client expects of their HGV Mechanic:
- Experience with Commercial Vehicle / HGV Repair or Bus or Plant Equipment Repair
- Competency in numeracy and literacy.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- To be a team player
You will ideally live within the Southampton area or be able to travel to the Southampton area and have a working experience with the Automotive sector, preferably in a commercial vehicle environment, either with Main HGV Dealerships or HGV Fleet Businesses.
Our Client offers an excellent competitive salary package of around £30,000 + Overtime & Bonus.
This vacancy is based in Southampton and our Client is ideally looking for motor trade experienced applicants.
We will not send your CV to a job until we have spoken to you so it is imperative that you provide a daytime contact number preferably your mobile number.
If you are interested in hearing more about HGV Technician, Plant Mechanic, HGV Mechanic, Commercial Vehicle Technician, or others we have in Romsey, Eastleigh, Winchester, Chandlers Ford, Southampton, Salisbury, New Forest, Ringwood, Fareham, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Wiltshire, Dorset or Hampshire please do not hesitate to contact Martin Bane at Perfect Placement today.
At Perfect Placement, we specialise in Motor Trade Jobs, so if you are looking to improve your Automotive Career please get in touch with us today. We are the leading UK Motor Trade Recruiters with over 1,400 Automotive Vacancies across the whole of the UK!!