£65000 per annum
28 days ago
Our client a very successful and growing business is looking for Technical Sales Manager, UK based.
Our client is offering the successful candidate:
- Excellent salary & Bonus scheme
- 40 hours Monday - Friday
- Company Car / Allowance depending on the candidates preference
Your responsibilities will include managing and developing exiting accounts and champion customer satisfaction. You will seek and develop new business opportunities, achieving sales and commercial targets, which applies to existing markets as well as new sectors.
You will be the primary account contact, providing key account leadership and effective communication between the customer and the internal organisation. You will gather market information, including competitive intelligence, and help to derive sales and commercial strategy as well as populate the Company’s knowledge systems.
This position entails significant travel around the UK. Given the technical content of the Company’s products, the position is ideally suited to someone with a technical background who has a systemic belief in exceptional customer service.
- Minimum of 5 years Sales/Accounts leadership, experience in managing accounts/relationships for multiple clients.
- Commercial Awareness; excellent focus and understanding of profitability and client procurement processes.
- Technical competence (whether electrical, mechanical and/or chemical).
- Excellent IT skills.
- Educated to a minimum HNC (or equivalent) in an Engineering /Production/Science Discipline.
- Management & Leadership skills.
- UK Driving Licence.
- Reporting to the Operations Director
- Manage & develop existing accounts & to champion customer satisfaction.
- Seek & develop new business opportunities, achieving sales & commercial targets – profitably. This applies to existing markets as well as new sectors.
- Serve as the primary account contact, providing key account leadership & effective communication between the customer & internal organisation.
- Gather market information, including competitive intelligence, & help to derive sales & commercial strategy as well as populate the Company’s knowledge systems.
Tasks & responsibilities as a Sales Manager:
- The objectives of the appointment are as follows:-
- Business Planning
- Champion the derivation of the Sales Development Plan.
- Create & develop key information about target & current clients, which is then incorporated within the Company’s knowledge systems & sales plans. This should include competitive position & share, key stakeholders, forthcoming opportunities & plans / initiatives to increase share.
- Research & understand the strengths & vulnerabilities of competitors & assist in the formation of Commercial / Sales Strategy.
- Along with Tendering colleagues, assist in the regular review of sales wins / losses so that learning outcomes can be established.
- Review performance against expectations continuously. - Identify target pricing.
- Assist with the creation & execution of marketing initiatives, presentations, promotions & advertising.
- Keep confidential (& protect) the Company’s knowledge, knowledge systems & its intellectual capital.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Sales Manager to take their career to the next stage and enjoy working for a company that truly values their staff.
If you are interested in hearing more about this Technical Sales Manager opportunity, or others we have in your area, please do not hesitate to contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement today.
We are in the process of reviewing many applications for this position. If you do not hear back from us within 3 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.