£30000 per annum
11 days ago
Starting salary up to £30,000 per annum + overtime/standby at 1.5x rate
7:30am-5:30pm Monday to Friday with every other day and 1 in 2 weekends on standby
Opportunity to work for a great family run business
Our client, a family run independent commercial vehicle service in the Merthyr Tydfil area, is currently looking to hire a skilled Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV)/Van Technician for their busy Service Department!
Reporting to the Service Manager and working as part of a friendly team, your key objectives will include:
- Provide on-site and mobile service in mechanical, electrical, fault diagnosis and repair.
- Accurately detail work completed and record times using the IT equipment and systems provided.
- Use of skills and performance of other work within normal grade/job skills as required to maximise efficiency.
- Customer facing role, working on customer premises, demonstrating our client's business values, and delivering exceptional customer service.
- Responsible for own company van ensuring that it is safe and compliant.
- Maintaining and managing a van stock to alleviate customers vehicle downtime.
- Keep company provided equipment in good serviceable condition.
- In house training, online and practical.
In order to be eligible you will need to live within a reasonable commuting distance of Merthyr Tydfil and have a UK driving licence with minimal points.
You will need to be qualified to IMI/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in either Light or Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair as a minimum and have some practical experience post qualification working with light commercial vehicles.
Overall you will be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work in a busy commercial vehicle recovery environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for your team.
For your hard work as a Van Technician / Recovery Technician our client is offering:
- Starting salary up to £30,000 per annum
- Overtime / any standby work is paid at an enhanced rate of 1.5x
- Company van
- 20 days annual leave plus the 8 bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Chance to work both in a workshop & out of the roadside when required
- Standard working hours are 7:30am-5:30pm Monday to Friday with the option to work every Saturday morning 8:00am-12:00pm paid at overtime
- You will be on standby every other day between M-F and on standby every other weekend. All standby work completed will be paid at an enhanced rate
If this Van Technician / Recovery Technician Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Merthyr Tydfil please contact Harry at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.