£60000 per annum
17 days ago
Our client, a well-established independently owned manufacturing company based in Loddon are currently seeking an Operations Manager to support the Engineering, Manufacturing & Fabrication departments
Our client is looking for Operations Manager applicants to have experience managing operationally at a senior level and managing a large groups of employees, from operational to Management.
- £40k-£60k Salary depending on level of experience
- Mon-Fri 08:00-17:00
- Excellent Employee benefits
The Operations Manager role Includes:
Direct reports are as following; Engineering Departmental Supervisors, Team leaders, Engineers & Electricians.
As the Operations Manager, you would manage the day-to-day activities of the manufacturing departments under their control, ensure the company maintains a high standard of Engineering at all times, in accordance with Company Policies, Regulatory Standards and Statutory guidelines.
You will be expected to put together the departments plans for the coming 12 to 18 months and contribute, as part of the Management Team, to the future direction of the department.
- Ensure all planned and unplanned maintenance is carried out in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Ensure that effective scheduling systems are in place for equipment maintenance to minimise lost time to production activities.
- Regularly review departmental performance and recommend to Operations Director / Operational Managers ways to improve the engineering effectiveness and business outcomes.
- Build a high performing and productive engineering team. In particular to take responsibility for coaching, mentoring and development of staff.
- Develop new staff for the department in line with company procedures and standards.
- Act as a technical expert for the engineering team, ensuring that staff have the skills and knowledge required for their job function.
- Set and communicate clear and well understood team targets and communicate progress made.
- Monitor performance in the department and take action when necessary to improve performance levels.
- Ensure that staff appraisals are carried out on a regular basis.
- Regularly monitor repairs expenditure and recommend solutions that provide the best value for money
- Oversee the procurement of parts and manage stock levels, in conjunction with the Engineering stores manager.
- Actively be involved with capital projects and ensure that the correct allocation of resources is in place to support both the production and project needs as appropriate.
- Ensure that all external contractors involved in machinery and site maintenance, work in a safe manner and in accordance with their submitted RAMS & company health and safety requirements.
- Recommend contractors who provide the best and most cost-effective service for the company.
Our client will consider Operation managers from different Production, Manufacturing & Engineering sectors.
If this Operations Manager Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Loddon please contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.