£50000 per annum
14 days ago
What Our Client Has to Offer the Sales and Service Engineer:
- £40,000 - £45,000
- Overtime @ 1.5 x standard rate.
- 5 weeks holiday
- Company van with fuel card, Laptop, Works Phone.
Multi Skilled Night Shift Engineer (mechanical bias with some electrical experience required).
- The role is working 40 hours per week working with successful candidate expect to work every second weekend. With an On Call Service.
- Travelling will be required throughout the UK so will be occasional overnight stays.
- You will report to the Sales and Service Manager, & will effectively carry out planned, predictive and reactive maintenance Mechanical and Electrical Equipment, whilst ensuring that all equipment is maintained collectively and in a timely manner in order for manufacturing processes to operate -efficiently with minimal or no down time. Whilst working with customers the candidate will have the confidence to make sales visits.
- You will be expected to cover the Sales and Service Manager when they are on Annual leave.
What do we need from you to be a Successful Sales and Service Engineer?
- Efficient diagnosis and correction of electrical and mechanical faults on equipment-wide
- Installation and commissioning of all new and repaired machinery and equipment
- Assist manufacturing with machinery adjustments, changeovers and set up
- Machine performance improvements and reduction of downtime, and supporting continuous improvement initiatives
Daily responsible will include:
- Prioritization of repair work
- Planning and Monitoring machine performance
- Working with the Customers to negotiate machine availability
- Monitoring failure
- Technical support for customers when required
- To maintain the highest standards in housekeeping, adopting a clean as you go policy
- To maintain the highest standards in completing paperwork and works sign off.
- Supporting with Capital Projects development and implementation.
What do you need to demonstrate to be successful in your application for this Sales and Service Engineer position?
- Relevant engineering qualification.
- Multi Skilled Engineer - Mechanically bias with strong electrical knowledge is essential.
- Able to prove competency in all forms of isolation, electrical safety and safe panel entry
- Experience of FMCG operations
- PC Literate (thereby able to use computer-based maintenance systems)
- Health and Safety driven
- Able to strip machines in full and reassemble them, as well as completing machine size change procedures and their adjustments
- Experience in Pneumatics and Hydraulics Essential
- PLC Experience would be preferred but not essential.
- Welding experience Essential
If this Sales and Service Engineer Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Engineering Jobs in Diss please contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are the UK's Leading Motor Trade Recruitment Consultancy, and Automotive Jobs are our speciality. If you are looking to improve your Auto Industry Career, get in touch with our Team today. We have a wide range of Jobs from Vehicle Technician to Parts Advisors to Dealer Principals.