£43000 per annum
4 months ago
Our client a very successful Design, Manufacture & Installation Company, specialising in Control Systems is actively looking for a new Project Manager for the growth of their department.
£35K - £40K + £3K car allowance
40 hours Mon-Fri 08:30 – 17:00
Familiar with project frameworks such as NEC3, this position requires the detailed commercial management and activity co-ordination associated with project fulfilment, meeting all contractual, legislative and business requirements (such as margin).
Responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Based on the NEC3 contract (or an internally approved variant) assume project leadership for assigned projects.
- Deliver the assigned projects on time and to cost.
- When necessary, to undertake specific scalability and portability analysis.
- Develop knowledge, which is subsequently embedded within the process and knowledge systems to continuously improve and inform decision making.
- Champion internal process development, identifying and removing waste / non-value added activities.
- Provide technical direction and on-the-job training to Drafters, Designers, and less experienced technical personnel.
- Ensure full compliance with the Company’s Business Assurance Standards in all relevant reporting, documentation, record keeping and procedures.
- Knowledge of testing and commissioning requirements.
- Possess strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and personnel.
- Attend customer’s sites whenever required, upholding the Company’s Culture and Values.
Essential Requirements of the Project Manager:
- At least 2 years previous professional experience of Project Management within an electrical design environment.
- Strong electrical and/or mechanical design skills.
- Technical report writing.
- Commercial awareness.
- Demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Project management
- Budgetary management
- Collaborative/partnership working
- Health and Safety awareness.
- Excellent IT skills – including, but not limited to, Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Databases
If this Project Manager Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Engineering Jobs in Norwich please contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.