£36000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client a full service global supplier of innovative plastic packaging solutions is rapidly looking to build their team!!
Based at our North Walsham branch, they are looking for an accountable Project Engineer / Manager who will be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines that projects involve from inception through to completion. The job holder is expected to be a role model at all times and drive business improvement.
Hours for this Project Engineer / Manager role will be 8.30 am - 5 pm, Monday to Friday
Responsibilities for the Project Engineer / Manager will include:
- Manage Health and Safety within projects ensuring a Zero Accident mentality
- The co-ordination and completion of projects to scope, within cost, to deliver the committed benefits in the specified time frame
- Provide project plans and strategies including scope, cost, timelines, risk, quality issues and communications
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan, scheduling changes, and recommending actions
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information and trends
- Ensure projects comply with legislation and regulations
- Communicate with stakeholders, updating regularly on progress and ensure projects still align with changing company objectives
- Resolve issues, ensuring the projects on track
- Liaison with other functions e.g. production, engineering, planning, sales, finance, asset care, logistics and HR.
- Review engineering deliverable and initiate appropriate corrective actions
Skills and Experience required for this Project Engineer / Manager to be:
(Candidates are expected to have, or eventually progress towards the following)
- Proven experience as a Project Engineer / Manager
- Project Management qualifications (desirable)
- Formal Health and Safety management skills training
- Engineering aptitude; Mechanical, Electrical or Technical
- Continuous improvement techniques, Lean-Sigma Yellow Belt (desirable)
- Quality systems awareness. E.g. ISO
- Problem solving techniques
- Experience in working in a medium-sized industrial company
- Experience of working within plastics is advantageous
Benefits the successful Project Engineer / Manager will receive:
- Bike to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Basic salary of £32,000
- OTE of £36,000
If this Project Engineer / Manager Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in North Walsham please contact Paul Martin at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Perfect Placement are specialists in Engineering Recruitment. We specialise in local, national and world wide Engineering and Manufacturing Recruitment. If you are looking for a new role within Engineering please contact our team of Engineering recruitment specialists today.